The Official Super Bowl XLIII Thread

The Steelers have now won 6 Super Bowls with 2 QB's, 3 head coaches and 1 owner.

I think that stat speaks volumes to how important it is to have the combination of good leadership and a top quality Quarterback in leading your team to winning Championships.

Now, the real question is, will Ben Roethlisberger win as many Super Bowls as Terry Bradshaw?

Bradshaw won his first Super Bowl at the age of 26. Big-Ben is 26 now and has already won his second.

Ya, would be cool if the Cardinals can hold it together and remain a power for a while, what a welcome change to their franchise. We'll see though, Warner could retire (though many are expecting him back) and they could lose some of their staff to other teams (Haley probably to KC).

If Haley lands in KC and they can finagle Cassel from the Patriots, could be a pretty fun season in the land of BBQ.

It will be interesting to see if the Cardinals remain competitive (at this level), or if they are a one season wonder. Losing Warner would be a huge blow, I don't think that Lienart is quite ready for "prime time" just yet.(Tennessee is in a similar situation with Young.) This team may be just a case of a team that came together late in the year, but with a little more defensive side help, they could be good for a few seasons.

8. I thought Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" was excellent. Probably the most moving since Whitney Houston did it several it years back.

Fittingly, both anthems took place in Super Bowls that not only went down to the wire, but took place in Tampa.

Of course, one of them shattered me forever.

I think the economy may have stifled some of this creativity. I read a week ago that they had 67 minutes of ads (at $3M a pop) still to sell. Not only were companies not buying them, but the ones that did, did not spend a lot of money on the ads themselves. This economy sucks.

Ya, back to football, why wasn't Harrison ejected? You call a personal foul for striking a guy a couple times (meaning you saw it happen..) and don't eject him? A Cardinal swung on a Steeler toward the end of the 2nd half too.

I also agree that the overhead replay showed what looked like a pass and not a fumble on Warner's last play, commentators even started to reel in their confidence, but then the next shot was the Steelers kneeling. It should have at least been reviewed. The ball was contacted by a Steeler in Warner's hand, and calls tend to go for the offense in the NFL, I'm not so sure it would have remained a fumble. The motion of the ball and warner's arm and his outstretched fingers and all that jazz... at the time it sure did look like a pitiful dead duck of a pass.

Quesionable calls both ways, sucks they had to be so prominent. If the Steelers had won there'd be a lot of anti-ref screaming (like Fitzgerald's catch that hit the ground in the end zone... on the play where the Steelers should have been called for PI)

Warners play for the umteenth time, was looked at in the booth just like every play inside of 2:00.

Harrisons play was uncalled for, but NO ONE saw what happen prior to that.

That's the part I don't get. Why not? It was a questionable play before the end of the game. Why not review it to get the call right, either way.

IF you look closely, you'll see the ball comes out of Warner's hand at the back swing of his delivery ... it was clearly out, his arm started forward, but did not have the ball in it.

Jimbo

I thought it was a fumble until the overhead replay. I havent seen any replays since and didnt have a chance to rewind and watch it again :(

And I'm sorry, but any swing by a millionaire should result in them being ejected, it is a lack of discipline which was pointed out at the end of the game by Costas or someone, 3 personal fouls on the Steelers in one drive to make the game close... the Steelers lost their poise as the Cardinals hit their stride. I had no loyalties to either team, but seeing this really had me pulling for the Cardinals.

And holy cow, holding penalties should be just 5 yards.

It EASY to pull for the underdog .....
Had the Steeler's not made it , I may have too.

I think the economy may have stifled some of this creativity. I read a week ago that they had 67 minutes of ads (at $3M a pop) still to sell. Not only were companies not buying them, but the ones that did, did not spend a lot of money on the ads themselves. This economy sucks.

I thought the Bud one with the horse bringing the branch was really good.

Santonio Holmes right toes did not come down. His left foot prevented it from doing so.

2yyv5du.jpg
2qb8utk.jpg
9bj33r.jpg

:)

You have absolutely no credibility after this statement.

And BTW, you maybe the only person I've talked to who thinks this way about Springsteen. To me, he put on an awesome show for the time he was allotted.

I take it your married? Katy Perry is one sexy .....! I certainly wouldn't mind her performing at the super bowl halftime show in all her sexiness, but she'd be too risque for the old-fart administered No Fun League.

I think I saw a quick note posted somewhere that Peter, Paul and Mary will perform at the Super Bowl XLIV next year in Miami. ;)

Springsteen - 1980's was his time when he ruled the world. He's just old now like a lot of acts that used to be good.

I take it your married? Katy Perry is one sexy .....! I certainly wouldn't mind her performing at the super bowl halftime show in all her sexiness, but she'd be too risque for the old-fart administered No Fun League.

I think I saw a quick note posted somewhere that Peter, Paul and Mary will perform at the Super Bowl XLIV next year in Miami. ;)

Springsteen - 1980's was his time when he ruled the world. He's just old now like a lot of acts that used to be good.

I thought Springsteen was excellent !

Jimbo

The word"Penetration" used in sports

CFB - National Signing Day (Recruiting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)