The Official When Will Charlie Be Gone Thread

paja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Orland Park, IL
After yet another humiliating loss and with the USC Trojans waiting to feast on the dead carcass that is the ND football team, how long will the ND alumni , fans , students, and administration allow this self-important fake to continue to run this program into the ground? Hey Charlie, my local high school has an opening for coach-of the freshman team:p

After yet another humiliating loss and with the USC Trojans waiting to feast on the dead carcass that is the ND football team, how long will the ND alumni , fans , students, and administration allow this self-important fake to continue to run this program into the ground? Hey Charlie, my local high school has an opening for coach-of the freshman team:p

What do you have against freshmen?:D

Crap, I got excited when I saw the thread title (when will Charlie be gone) then I realized this isn't the Dish Network forum. :)

He has like a 10 year contract so unless they could get him to agree on some cheap buyout, he isn't going anywhere for a while.

UND downgrades its schedule AGAIN next year. Combined with some of its traditonal rivals being down, this yeilds nine wins next year.

2009:

Nevada (no return cash game)
@ Michigan (*ickRod is a moron)
Michigan State
@ Purdue (new coach, 4 wins this year)
Washington (new coach, 0-12 this year)
Southern California
Washington State (played at San Antonio, UND's new TV deal calls for "neutral" games where UND is the home team in terms of uniforms, TV, and ticket distribution) (2-10 team)

Navy
@ Pittsburgh
Connecticut
@ Stanford

Boston College

2010:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purdue
@ Michigan State
Stanford
Pittsburgh
Navy (@ Baltimore)
Utah (cash game with no return)
@ Southern California
Michigan
@ Boston College
[/FONT]
At least one of the three TBA will be another cash game with no return.

In 2011, Leastleftover UConn replaces Utah. In 2012, it picks up Wake Forest, Baylor (played in New Orleans) and the Navy game is in Dublin, Ireland.

These are joke schedules designed to yeild 9 + wins per year.

UND downgrades its schedule AGAIN next year. Combined with some of its traditonal rivals being down, this yeilds nine wins next year.

2009:

Michigan State
Southern California
Washington State (played at San Antonio, UND's new TV deal calls for "neutral" games where UND is the home team in terms of uniforms, TV, and ticket distribution) (2-10 team)

Navy
@ Pittsburgh
Connecticut
@ Stanford

Boston College

I told you Texas Tech wasn't the only one with soft-as-cookie-dough schedule!

The buyout for Charlies contract is around 20 million. Im a big ND fan and while it is horrible watching them the last few years, I still think Charlie will get 1 more year. The team is marginally better this year, but most of the players are freshmen or sophmores. If charlie cant do anything with a the players that he has now next year, he will never be a good coach.

2009:

Michigan State
Southern California

Navy
@ Pittsburgh
Connecticut
@ Stanford

Boston College

2010:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purdue
@ Michigan State
Stanford
Pittsburgh
Navy (@ Baltimore)
Utah (cash game with no return)
@ Southern California
Michigan
@ Boston College
[/FONT]
At least one of the three TBA will be another cash game with no return.

In 2011, Leastleftover UConn replaces Utah. In 2012, it picks up Wake Forest, Baylor (played in New Orleans) and the Navy game is in Dublin, Ireland.

These are joke schedules designed to yeild 9 + wins per year.

It's no excuse for ND losing but the watering down of the schedule was an act of greed by our board of trustees and our FORMER AD. I can't name a single alum that is happy with the schedule and this 7-4-1 BS that Kevin White came up with. The new AD doesn't like the formula and hasn't said anything yet about building the schedule back up. I believe pressure from those of us who are major donors will lead him to the light. Traditionally ND has had one of the toughest schedules in the country and that needs to start again. I don't ever want to win a MNC on this weak of schedule.

Charlie...... I can't fathom why he can't coach. It is not rocket science. I sit in the stands and before every play I tell my wife what the play is and who is getting the ball. I am correct at least 80% of the time and I honestly know very little about the facets of the game. Obviously the opposing teams share my gift.

When will he be gone? I think it is a forgone conclusion that he will not complete the term of his contract. IMHO the new AD will give Charlie a fifth year for a couple of reasons. Keep recruits coming in and finding a proper replacement for Weis. I could see Charlie just resign at the end of the year but that is slim. (Charlie and slim in the same sentence???? ) I think that once a new coach comes in it may be a case similar to what Urban Meyer walked into at Florida. Regardless of what the talking heads say ND is loaded with talent. As long as the new coach runs a pro style offense or something similar and not option he should be golden. On the new coach search they need to offer whatever it take to get a top notch, proven coach. They have been wasting loads of money on buyouts so why not just pay it up front and get the best for the situation.

That's all I have to say about that

Outstanding thread...I was thinking about starting one about Coach "I am in way over my head" Rodriguez. To be honest, the fat man may actually be slightly less confused than Coach Rod.

I had sympathy for Dick Rod at first but then when I saw what Paul Johnson was doing at Georgia Tech I figured there must be something very wrong at UM. Geez, they even lost to a team that lost to Syracuse.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts