The Recommended Blu-ray Concerts/Music Thread

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Wanted to start this for those of us that will be renting/buying music related Blu-rays. Im open to most music, so please add comments as you watch concert discs.

I've only seen NIN : Beside You In Time Live so far and thought it was awesome if you are a NIN fan. Ive never really watched any music discs before (dvd or vhs included) and my wife and I really enjoyed the idea. As people who used to hit a lot of concerts but dont have the time, its a nice sub.

Have Incubus: Live at Red Rocks in my possession for this weekend, and have added Three Days Grace: Live at the Palace and Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City to my queue.

Rush: Snakes and Arrows Live.

I've watched it 3 times, in addition to going to the concert itself earlier this year.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/RUSH-Snakes-Arrows-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B001GJOL22/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230843678&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: RUSH: Snakes and Arrows Live [Blu-ray]: Rush: Movies & TV[/ame]

I have NIN: Besides You in Time. Sounds and looks amazing.

I've also been meaning to see "Led Zepplin: The Song Remains the Same" and Martin Scorsese's "Shine a Light" which isn't a concert movie, but a film with a ton of Rolling Stones songs throughout.

David Gilmour, Remember That Night, Live at Royal Albert Hall.
PQ is grainy on long shots, good on closeups but that didn't detract from my enjoyment. AQ was fantastic!

+100. This is a great BD. Wish I had seen the concert live.

This is a fantastic BD! Even non Rush fans I've shown a few tracks to, were amazed by how great the boys sound in concert, and the quality of the video.

I've seen them at least 20 times since '79, and they never disappoint. Actually, like a good wine, they have become better with age.

Last night I watched The Song Remains The Same and today I watched Roy Orbison A Black And White Night and after seeing both I can recomend both discs[i've seen both movies many times before but never with this quality].

David Gilmour. Remember That Night

David Gilmour, Remember That Night, Live at Royal Albert Hall.
PQ is grainy on long shots, good on closeups but that didn't detract from my enjoyment. AQ was fantastic!

This 2-disk set is a must have for any Pink Floyd fan. It has 36 tracks(!) Not only new songs from the Gilmour's album, but most of the Pink Floyd hits and even some rarely played compositions from the Syd Barrett era. Also, some very interesting documentaries on the second disk. So far, my most favorite concert album on Blu-ray!

This 2-disk set is a must have for any Pink Floyd fan. It has 36 tracks(!) Not only new songs from the Gilmour's album, but most of the Pink Floyd hits and even some rarely played compositions from the Syd Barrett era. Also, some very interesting documentaries on the second disk. So far, my most favorite concert album on Blu-ray!

Hmmm, gonna add this one!

Just finished Incubus at Red Rocks, and its great for any incubus fan. LPCM 5.1 track has plenty of punch,

Add the Strat Pack to this. The BD AQ and PQ is excellent.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JL2V1K]Amazon.com: The Strat Pack: Live in Concert [Blu-ray]: Various Artists: Movies & TV[/ame]

Just watched Three Days Grace Live at the Palace. Great PQ, the PCM 5.1 track has volume fluctuation issues but still sounds good. Must watch for any fan of the band, I pretty much like everyone of their songs.

Next will be Godsmack Changes on DVD.

Yeah, i think changes was done during the Metallica tour, and my wife and I saw Metallica and Godsmack in Pcola Florida. The dueling drums were freaking great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)