The Stupidest Commercial I have ever seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Okay, perhaps not the stupidest...but certainly one of the dumbest commercials I've seen in a while. The commercial involves some guy sleeping poolside at a party, then being cast into the water, lots of fast-action frames making it difficult to figure-out what's going on and finally being told, "Axe will fix you up!" while displaying an image of a product that I cannot make heads or tails out of. Heck, if you ask me I would tell you the commercial was promoting some sort of a "male enhancement" drink.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

Google Axe but it is a deodrant and bodyspray for men. There are some other cobranded products but that is the main one. They have been running sexy and offbeat commercils since about 2003.

I actually never heard of Axe before this commercial. I guess my point is that you shouldn't have to search a product on the Internet in order find out what it is - the commercial should convey that message. Of course, this may actually be ingenious since their commercial is so annoying that it stick in your mind and you're forced to search for the products on the net.

Yep. Axe (or Lynx, as it’s called in the rest of the world) is a Unilever product (the company that makes Dove, Hellman’s Mayonnaise, Ben & Jerrys Ice cream and a buch of other stuff) that makes products for men, hair care, deodorants, body spray and such. Their commercials and been controversial and due to that, I’ve been using Axe stuff for 4 or 5 years now. I will proudly support any product that tries to push the envelope.

I actually never heard of Axe before this commercial. I guess my point is that you shouldn't have to search a product on the Internet in order find out what it is - the commercial should convey that message. Of course, this may actually be ingenious since their commercial is so annoying that it stick in your mind and you're forced to search for the products on the net.

Some of the best advertising campaigns are ones that hit your sense of curiosity. They hit on something but don’t let the cat out of the bag. This drives up web traffic. AT&T did this some years ago with ‘MLife’ which was totally retarded but did exactly what they wanted it to do.

I take it this is the commercial?
Axe - Will fix you up! - YouTube

I don't think they're trying to hide what Axe is. They show a guy in the shower using Axe body wash and then at the end they show all the Axe products. The commercial is pretty obvious and crystal clear and the message is if you use Axe products you'll get laid. That’s what every Axe commercial has been about. *Bow chicka wah wah*

OMG really? They have one of the BEST commercials too:

AXE - Wash Your Balls!! - YouTube

Funny AXE Video - YouTube

I'll tell you one that is real wacky. This local lawyer in E. KY, Eric C. Conn has in one of his ads to drum up biz, Obama Girl and bluegrass legend Ralph Stanley. The commercial is on You Tube if anybody is interested in seeing it.

If you don't even know what the stuff is, the commercial wasn't directed at you.

riffjim4069 said:

I like their commercials and I use Axe products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)