The YouTube TV Thread

Are you looking for something to watch now, or are you looking for a particular movie/show? Either way, use search and select the network. The live tab lets you scroll linear showings. There are other tabs for the library of movies, series, etc for the network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
harshness can speak for himself, but it appears to me that you are not understanding his concern (which also is one I share).

Again, on movie channels you don't know what to search for. How can you search if you don't know the name of the movie?

Are you looking for something to watch now, or are you looking for a particular movie/show?
Neither. I often look out along the timeline for movies that I may want to record. I don't necessarily want to try to on demand it from somewhere (this may require service hopping) but if something comes along, I'll record it.

Reactions: N6BY
harshness can speak for himself, but it appears to me that you are not understanding his concern (which also is one I share).

Again, on movie channels you don't know what to search for. How can you search if you don't know the name of the movie?

I get the concern. Lots of movies... how will I decide which ones I should have take up space on my DVR if I can’t scroll through 2 week’s worth of guide? That way, I got bunches of old movies on my DVR to scroll through later when I want to watch something on TV.

It would be great if someone would create an internet-based service where I could scroll through a bunch of old movies and not have to wait until later to watch them.

Oh, and the problem of not knowing the name of a movie... it would be great if someone would create an online database where you could search for it, maybe by actor, director, or genre.

Of course, then we run into the problem of the ‘paradox of choice.’ That is one of the reasons I like the guide... it limits my choices. This is useful when I have a time now to fill. But, that’s why I said the guide tactical. It lets me pick something in the short term.

I get the concern. Lots of movies... how will I decide which ones I should have take up space on my DVR if I can’t scroll through 2 week’s worth of guide?
It isn't about saving the movies long term. It is about catching what comes along and watching it when I can't find anything else to fit the time I have.

... it would be great if someone would create an online database where you could search for it, maybe by actor, director, or genre.
Dish, DirecTV, and cable gave me the ability to scroll 2 weeks and look at upcoming movies. It was convenient for me. If you don't like it, don't scroll forward.

Anyway, this is a dead sub-topic.

So, it sucks $80/month worth for you.
No, in my post I said I am ready to switch to Orby. Its about $50 a month.

Reactions: KE4EST
We would also likely need to subscribe to a second service as there are a few channels we watch a lot that aren't on YTTV. But we haven't decided yet, and we will likely just sign up for a trial of YTTV and see how it works for us.

I'm curious: what are the channels you watch a lot but that aren't on YTTV? Do they include the Hallmark Channel, History, A&E and/or Lifetime?

I think it's perfectly fine for people new to the service to come in here with their questions, problems, and even frustrations, including comparisons with other services they have used or are considering leaving. What we don't need is people who have never used the service to weigh in every time.

So, people shouldn't offer their thoughts on how the service differentiates itself from others and how best to use the service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, people shouldn't offer their thoughts on how the service differentiates itself from others and how best to use the service?

Of course they should, it is just there is a certain member here that keeps giving a negative opinion of the service that he never used or even tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zookster and ncted
I was wondering how everyone's experience was with the Super Bowl last night? Mine looked great, and I only had one point when I got up for a beer, and came back and had an error message, but was able to get right back to it, and continue watching.

I was wondering how everyone's experience was with the Super Bowl last night? Mine looked great, and I only had one point when I got up for a beer, and came back and had an error message, but was able to get right back to it, and continue watching.

I didn't watch the whole thing on YTTV as it looked better on my OTA source. I couldn't get the free Fox "4k" streaming to work, so I can't say how goot that option was. It would never actually start the stream.

I watched the entire thing on YouTube TV and everything looked and ran great (no freezes or buffering - I didn't expect any). The only PQ issue was at one or two points during the halftime show, there was a bit of macroblocking with all the flashing lights and movements going on at the same time. But that's something I saw every day on cable whenever there was a scene with a fire or explosion and speeding vehicles.

Did anyone notice the ad for YTTV during the Super Bowl, they even gave the price out at the end ($49.99), so I would assume based on that, there are no plans for a price increase as of now.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)