Things to add to Whole-Home DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
1. The ability to schedule recordings for a second, third, etc DVR from a primary DVR.

I currently have 2 HD DVRs stacked on one top of each other. Being able to schedule recordings for all HD DVRs would be a plus, and make things easier.

2. Would be nice to see the recording capacity for the other HD DVRs as well.

If they made whole home dvr connected machines act as if they were one single device with X tuners it might be worth the monthly fee.

If they made whole home dvr connected machines act as if they were one single device with X tuners it might be worth the monthly fee.

That's what I'm hoping for. The HR34 looks nice with it's 5 tuners, but I am not gonna shell out $400 for it. If they get it down to $250, sure.

1. The ability to schedule recordings for a second, third, etc DVR from a primary DVR.

I currently have 2 HD DVRs stacked on one top of each other. Being able to schedule recordings for all HD DVRs would be a plus, and make things easier.

2. Would be nice to see the recording capacity for the other HD DVRs as well.
I believed these have been requested a few times since MRV was first introduced. I too wish this would happen.

Agreed - these features would really be nice but based on what has been coming out through the CE announcements it would appear D* is putting the bulk of their programming resources into the new HD guide. There hasn't been anything of significance released relating to general MRV functionality for months.

Being able to have a common playlist that shows content from every DVR in the house isn't worth $3/mo?

Wow. Tough crowd.

Would be nice to see the "to do" list on dvr 2,3,etc from dvr1. That way I know if I'm scheduled to record a show on the 2ndary dvr from my primary.

Even better would be if I could see it on the guide. Maybe assign a color to each dvr and the when looking at guide the little record icon could be different colors depending on which dvr is scheduled to record the program.

Being able to have a common playlist that shows content from every DVR in the house isn't worth $3/mo?

Wow. Tough crowd.

I think PAYING for MRV is dumb ....
Just a way for them yo make more money for something that other companies DON'T charge for .... yet.

Jimbo said:
Just a way for them yo make more money for something that other companies DON'T charge for .... yet.

I don't mind paying if they continue to develop and enhance the service. Unfortunately it would seem that D* released the service "as is" and has left it at that. This is not to say the MRV service is not great - indeed, I think it is one of the best available and their MRV solution is one of the main reasons I switched from E*. However, there have been few, if any, enhancements since it was released, despite numerous requests such as those posted in this thread. This is a disappointment but not enough for me to look at other options or even complain about the $3/mo fee.

What other company does multi-room *HD* content sharing and has receiver fees that aren't double what DirecTV is charging?

For folks with lots of receivers, paying $3/mo for MRV per account is by far cheaper than paying a higher cost per receiver and getting MRV for "free."

If you have multiple DVRs, I would like to see a matrix view showing what shows are redundantly recorded on each DVR. Also a simila view for whichshows are going to be recorded on each DVR.

Then it would be nice for a reconcilition option so that you can remove Season Passes or specific shows when you see it about to be recorded in multiple places.

Its only 3 bucks per month. Well worth the money..Especially for all the other stuff they over charge for. BHN charges 20 bucks per month.

What ever it lacks is still better than what others are offering at this time. $3 regardless of how many receivers, sounds like a bargain to me. How much is a gallon of gas? :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)