This 10 foot any good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Asc1 for motor control and a quarl 3624+ for actuator the dish looks to be a tek2000 search the forums for more info on that dish brand

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep that is a tek2000 dish.

iBoston, I have the 8' version of that dish. It's a decent quality dish, not the worst, not the best either. I would try to get an older dish in nice condition first from someone who has one on their property and is willing to give it away for the taking or sell it for good price. If that's not an option, the Tek2000 dish will do the job. I personally thought the mount could have been a little thicker but the reflector is made of aluminum so it's fairly lightweight. It's been through 60+ mph winds and nickel size hail with no problems. It has not been through a winter's snow and ice yet so I don't know how it will handle that. I don't regret my purchase, other than I wish I would have gone with the 10' instead of the 8'. Here is a review thread I started after I set mine up. It has pictures of the dish, shipping concerns, etc. When I started the thread I was intent on using the dish for C and Ku reception on one dish with a WSI NS741 C/KU LNB. After poor results, I decided against that, and replaced the LNB with a Titanium C1-PLL for dedicated C band. I have had no problems with C band reception after that.:) http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/review-tek2000-8-mesh-dish.337977/

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Well, i found a hotel that had an 8 foot, but they ripped it out of the ground and dumped it on the ground and did heavy damage.. Darn too, as it was an all aluminum one piece dish. But, then I'd like to have an 10 foot. Ill look around...

iBoston, I have the 8' version of that dish. It's a decent quality dish, not the worst, not the best either. I would try to get an older dish in nice condition first from someone who has one on their property and is willing to give it away for the taking or sell it for good price. If that's not an option, the Tek2000 dish will do the job. I personally thought the mount could have been a little thicker but the reflector is made of aluminum so it's fairly lightweight. It's been through 60+ mph winds and nickel size hail with no problems. It has not been through a winter's snow and ice yet so I don't know how it will handle that. I don't regret my purchase, other than I wish I would have gone with the 10' instead of the 8'. Here is a review thread I started after I set mine up. It has pictures of the dish, shipping concerns, etc. When I started the thread I was intent on using the dish for C and Ku reception on one dish with a WSI NS741 C/KU LNB. After poor results, I decided against that, and replaced the LNB with a Titanium C1-PLL for dedicated C band. I have had no problems with C band reception after that.:) http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/review-tek2000-8-mesh-dish.337977/

So, you have NO channels you cannot lock now with the Titanium C1-PLL.

So, you have NO channels you cannot lock now with the Titanium C1-PLL.
I occasionally lose the NBC Feeds on 105W (during heavy storms). There is supposed to be a BBC feed on 55.5W and a Bloomberg Financial feed on 116.8W that I haven't been able to get. I'm sure if I had a 10' instead of an 8' they wouldn't be a problem. Other than that, I'm good.:) PS: Took a lot of tweaking to get everything just right.

FTA4PA: Does that mean you can lock the 4:2:2 CBS channels on 97W? My 6ft can’t and have been thinking of upgrading to a dish that can.

FTA4PA: Does that mean you can lock the 4:2:2 CBS channels on 97W? My 6ft can’t and have been thinking of upgrading to a dish that can.
I've got one CBS feed on 87W, two others on 95W. Just rescanned, no CBS on 97W here. Do have 4 channels labels CWD (CW network?). What frequency/polarity/symbol rate for CBS on 97? Are they 24hr feeds?

There is supposed to be a BBC feed on 55.5W and a Bloomberg Financial feed on 116.8W that I haven't been able to get. I'm sure if I had a 10' instead of an 8' they wouldn't be a problem.

FYI the Bloomberg feeds on both 116W and 40W are weak as both my 10ft systems loose them at times during the day and even more so if the weather is bad.

There are supposed to be cbs fronthauls on 89W and 97W that are HD. The one at 89W is at 3900 H 29860 and the one on 97W is at 4080 V 29860. They are 422 so I think you would have to stream them to a tablet with your mini hd se to get a watchable picture, but they should scan in. I can get the sd cbs channels you mentioned, but not the hd ones on 89 or 97. I show both transponders as hot right now, but can’t get a lock.

There are supposed to be cbs fronthauls on 89W and 97W that are HD. The one at 89W is at 3900 H 29860 and the one on 97W is at 4080 V 29860. They are 422 so I think you would have to stream them to a tablet with your mini hd se to get a watchable picture, but they should scan in. I can get the sd cbs channels you mentioned, but not the hd ones on 89 or 97. I show both transponders as hot right now, but can’t get a lock.
I just checked out both sats using those F/P/SR's. Nothing scans in for 3900 H 29860 on 89W. However, it appears my Amiko had found CBS on 97W during a previous scan as there's a channel just labeled ch-1 at 4079 V 29860. Tuned to it but no audio/video. Tried a few clicks east and west, still nothing? I do most of my scans at night so I don't bother the wife:rolleyes:, so it may come in intermittently for me. May need bigger dish for those two but I can live with the other three I do get until a bigger dish comes my way!:)

Reactions: 77TA
Thanks for checking. I think 8ft is about the max I can do where I am, so guess I’m out of luck as well.

Well, i found a hotel that had an 8 foot, but they ripped it out of the ground and dumped it on the ground and did heavy damage.. Darn too, as it was an all aluminum one piece dish.

:mad: Hate to see that happen! So many people/businesses just don't think these are any good for anything but scrap.:(

Thanks for checking. I think 8ft is about the max I can do where I am, so guess I’m out of luck as well.
Maybe not, size matters but dish quality and location do too. You may be able to get it with a different dish and location. Have you checked the footprint for your location? Even if you can't, it's still probably worth the jump to an eight, especially if you can find one for no/low cost. Good luck!:)

quarl 3624+ This has a 24" actuator. Do i need a 36" to get the full +-60 degrees??? I want to make sure i can reach all the way down to 30w. Im at 88w.

quarl 3624+ This has a 24" actuator. Do i need a 36" to get the full +-60 degrees??? I want to make sure i can reach all the way down to 30w. Im at 88w.
unless you want to run c and ku off the 10ft then 37.5w is the furthest before going under 30w that has horizontal or vertical transponders now the thing to watch for is the placement of the actuator mounting bracket my 7+ foot dish has the west side mount bracket so for me i have +- 40/50 degrees so with the same actuator i should be able to see 55.5w-139w

I just checked out both sats using those F/P/SR's. Nothing scans in for 3900 H 29860 on 89W. However, it appears my Amiko had found CBS on 97W during a previous scan as there's a channel just labeled ch-1 at 4079 V 29860. Tuned to it but no audio/video. Tried a few clicks east and west, still nothing? I do most of my scans at night so I don't bother the wife:rolleyes:, so it may come in intermittently for me. May need bigger dish for those two but I can live with the other three I do get until a bigger dish comes my way!:)
I have no problems with cbs on my 8ft kti dish. G19 is stronger than g28 for me. 4060 which cbs uses for overflow is my weakest try.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What actuator and motor control might you suggest?

One of the issues I see with the tek2000 is the mesh. They are using common woven window screen for the fabric. This is weak and will not hold up as good as expanded metal screen. Also a poor choice for Ku reception. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and these dishes are cheap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)