Thoughts on Cable

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
I still have VOOM, did not want to cancel before my 6 month agreement ran out in May but have recently gotten Time Warner Cable and could not be more pleased. What drove me was the DVR issue. My wife was bugging me to death about not being able to pause a show so when I found out that TWC had an HD DVR for $9.95 a month I couldn't resist. Plus they have video on demand which is a neat feature too.

I hope very much that by some miracle TWC could end up with the VOOM HD package. That would be the ultimate of the ultimate since TWC here in San Antonio already has HDNET and INHD channels. Counting locals, they have 17 HD so Voom would make it 38. I must say that the PQ on HDNET and INHD rivals V* and the SD's look much better in my opinion.

That said, I too am sad for the demise of VOOM, I will miss it as a satellite provider but hope to have the channels at least some day. I really will miss MonsterHD.

Thanks to SAT guys for a wonderful forum.

Being able to rent a dual-tuner HD DVR from the cable company is great. There may be fewer HD channels on most cable systems, but with the DVR I definitely watch a LOT more HD than I ever did with Voom.

I was really hoping for the best with Voom -- had they been able to stabilize themselves and come out with even a basic HD DVR, I would have signed up again. Such a shame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts