Three Hopper system possible? DIRT input maybe needed.

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
Actually a 2 Hopper system and a single Hopper system.

We just figured out that what we ordered isn't going to work (Install set for tomorrow afternoon). We ordered 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys. But, that's not just for our house. One Hopper and 3 Joeys are for the house and One Hopper and 1 Joey are for our 5th wheel camper (provided the installer thinks that's a go).

We just figured out that one Hopper and 3 Joeys isn't a good idea since there are potentially 4 TVs to service and only 3 tuners. And since I've seen discussions of what can happen when someone wants to record something and watch something else at the same time, potentially more that 4 tuners would be necessary.

So, is it possible to have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys at our house and another Hopper with one Joey at our 5th wheel camper?

Thinking caps are a go. Let me have it!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
No 2 Hoppers (6 tuners) per account is the limit. If you need another Hopper your going to need another account. (Sorry I know this is not what you want to hear) :)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
wouldnt he need 2 accounts anyway because of the 5th wheel?

or maybe I'm thinking distants requires separate account

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
The camper should not be a separate account, we won't need to be changing locals. We get the Distant channels through All American Direct and they will suffice for travels beyond our Spot Beam, I think. We don't have the camper on a separate account now.

rocket69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 2, 2008
On Your Roof!
just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account. You will need to buy the 211 and tailgater not sure if they will let you float if you have a kingdome or other preinstall sat system. if your going to have 2 hoppers and 4 joey you will need to deactivate and reactivate a joey for the vip every time you want to go mobile as you at the 6 box max per account

What i do know is your asking for a world of pain if your going hopper on an RV an will have to point your 1000.2/1000.4 every time you move

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account. You will need to buy the 211 and tailgater not sure if they will let you float if you have a kingdome or other preinstall sat system. if your going to have 2 hoppers and 4 joey you will need to deactivate and reactivate a joey for the vip every time you want to go mobile as you at the 6 box max per account

What i do know is your asking for a world of pain if your going hopper on an RV an will have to point your 1000.2/1000.4 every time you move

If I thought for sure we could have the 211k (what we are currently using) and a Hopper system, there would be no issue. We are using a winegard travler, which automatically sets up and locks onto it's own 1000.2 dish. It's totally automatic, it doesn't care a hoot about the sat receiver, just locks onto the satellites.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Dish won't let you keep a 211 active on a Hopper account. Must have a second account for it. It's been stated numerous times.

seenett

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Dish won't let you keep a 211 active on a Hopper account. Must have a second account for it. It's been stated numerous times.

Yes; That is my understanding. Thus the request for a clarification of Rocket's quote:

"just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)