Tigers or Reds in HD in Northern Indiana

thedamaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
South Bend, IN
Living in Northern Indiana my area is claimed by the Cubs, White Soxs, Tigers, and Reds. I currently receive FSN Midwest and Comcast SportsNet as my RSNs with FSN Midwest having the useless to me Cards HD feed

If I was to add the RSN package would this light up FSN Detriot HD and FSN Cincy? I'm hoping the games wouldn't be blacked out being I'm in there DMA. Figured I'd ask if someone else in a similar situation can confirm.

Thanks

May need to call the DISH CSR on that one. My hunch is that if you got all the RSNs lit up, FSCN and FSD would still be blacked out, or else they would have given them to you along with FSMW and CSN. I don't know what you use as documentation that your area is "claimed by the Cubs/Reds/Sox/Tigers" or that it matters. My experience with MLB and blackouts have always been against my interests. I can't watch my "home team" on another RSN, even if the game is out of town (not expected to attend) and there are no other channels broadcasting the game. I simply don't get to watch the game.

I wish you luck, my friend. MLB is tighter than a nun's...

I can't watch my "home team" on another RSN, even if the game is out of town (not expected to attend) and there are no other channels broadcasting the game. I simply don't get to watch the game.

you can't watch it on the out of town RSN because your in town RSN owns the broadcast rights to the game. what time is it and where do you live? i have a hard time believing that the game isn't televised locally.

May need to call the DISH CSR on that one. My hunch is that if you got all the RSNs lit up, FSCN and FSD would still be blacked out, or else they would have given them to you along with FSMW and CSN. I don't know what you use as documentation that your area is "claimed by the Cubs/Reds/Sox/Tigers" or that it matters. My experience with MLB and blackouts have always been against my interests. I can't watch my "home team" on another RSN, even if the game is out of town (not expected to attend) and there are no other channels broadcasting the game. I simply don't get to watch the game.

I wish you luck, my friend. MLB is tighter than a nun's...

I'm basing my home DMA off what is shown on this image.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/MLB_Blackout_Areas.png

Last night I was able to watch the Reds on 2 ALT channels FSN Indiana, and FSN Cincy both of which are not my normal RSNs. I have also watched the Tigers this way in the past. The Chicago teams are both shown on CSN which I do receive.

I'll have to give dish a call and see what they say about the HD RSNs