tileing on fios , they want $75 to try to fix it !!

BOOTY MONSTER

Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
ive got fios HD on my panny plasma using HDMI . im getting tileing (blury square boxes) during high action scenes on different shows and on their "on demand" feature . they sent 2 guys out last week (in verizon trucks) . the first guy replaced the HD-DVR box and the router box at the computer . no change .

had another guy come out an hour or so later and he checked the outside connections and the cable runs and replaced a few conectors . still no fix .

so im talking to the company rep on the phone today and apparently i need some kind of advanced technical support......and thats GONNA COST ME $75 !!!!! . WHY IN THE FRACK SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY $75 BUCK EXTRA TO GET THE SERVICE THEY ADVERTISE !!!!!

my A-2 hd-dvd player sends beautiful video to my panny and i swapped around the HDMI cables to be sure it isnt them . its not my equipment at fault !!! and they want me to pay extra to fix something on their end ????? and theres no garranty (<< cant spell) that it will be fixed !!!

this is extremely poor customer service in my opinion !!!!!

i will not be recomending fios to anyone again !!!!

anyone have any ideas on what else i could try to resolve my tileing issue ???

ive got fios HD on my panny plasma using HDMI . im getting tileing (blury square boxes) during high action scenes on different shows and on their "on demand" feature . they sent 2 guys out last week (in verizon trucks) . the first guy replaced the HD-DVR box and the router box at the computer . no change .

had another guy come out an hour or so later and he checked the outside connections and the cable runs and replaced a few conectors . still no fix .

so im talking to the company rep on the phone today and apparently i need some kind of advanced technical support......and thats GONNA COST ME $75 !!!!! . WHY IN THE FRACK SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY $75 BUCK EXTRA TO GET THE SERVICE THEY ADVERTISE !!!!!

my A-2 hd-dvd player sends beautiful video to my panny and i swapped around the HDMI cables to be sure it isnt them . its not my equipment at fault !!! and they want me to pay extra to fix something on their end ????? and theres no garranty (<< cant spell) that it will be fixed !!!

this is extremely poor customer service in my opinion !!!!!

i will not be recomending fios to anyone again !!!!

anyone have any ideas on what else i could try to resolve my tileing issue ???

Could be the cabling in your house.... could be the Service line feeding your house.... but this can also be caused with FIOS if the system is not grounded correctly. My guess is that is what the "advanced support" technician will test. Installation techs typically just see a ground source, assume it is a good ground and attach their ground wire.

I would think Verizon would be a little more cautious with how they treat their customers.... if they tried that with me, I could guarantee them I would cancel and see them in court if they tried to charge me a cancellation fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts