Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As the sun sets on another weekend I have to say my project for the weekend was not a successful one as I inkered with the BSC621-2 and had very linited results. alhough I did pick up some C band on most all the sats I receive KU on as well as PAS 9 which I don't get any KU.
The KU section has proved to be dissappointing as the Quality is alot less for example IA5 most TP's are in the 88-94% range with my regular KU lnbf by drops to 63-68% and my Coolsat 5000 will only display 63% and up.
I do not have the offset scalar and don't know if that makes a difference to KU or not.

I got a little experimenting done with C-band.Still a work in progress.Lawn chairs make good temporary mounts for BUD's.:D

Attachments

• cband1.JPG
    cband1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 137
  • cband2.JPG
    cband2.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 128
  • cband3.JPG
    cband3.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 130
My weekend project, adding yet another LNB (for AMC4), has been delayed until at least Tuesday while I wait for a 22Khz switch and LNB bracket (really just for one of the LNB holders) to arrive in the mail.

But I did get some things done, replaced a Universal with a Standard, coax for the new LNB ready to plug in, shortened some other cables, etc.

While all my FTA LNBs and Star Choice LNBs are grounded to the cold water supply, my FTA dishes were temporarily grounded to a outside fence post, and the Star Choice dish was never grounded when installed several years ago. So, as I was almost completely finished the grounding job, I noticed that the Star Choice installer had grounded the LNBs to a hot water line! Of course, I had assumed it was a cold water line, so had grounded everything else to it. Fortunately (and surprisingly), I had enough grounding wire to complete the transfer to the cold water line.

john green said:
I got a little experimenting done with C-band.Still a work in progress.Lawn chairs make good temporary mounts for BUD's.:D

Looks exactly like the other 10.5 footer I have in the back. That sucker is heavy compared to the 10 footer I've been playing with. I love the lawn chairs!

I had a good weekend:)

Just for fun, and to see how low I could go, I re-aimed my Winegard 2076 over to Hispasat1.

Elevation from here is 17, Az 112. I had to think a minute how to get the elevation that low. I just had to tilt the mast forward a bit so I could get low enough.

I have the dish mounted on two concrete blocks, so it is "portable" and I can turn the mount so the dish is straight inline with the mast. Beats digging a hole for concrete:)

Added pics below. Block on top is just sitting on top for extra weight.

Attachments

• 76dish-side.jpg
    76dish-side.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 76dish-back.jpg
    76dish-back.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I like your NS avatar :)

z4ccamaro said:
I had a good weekend:)

Just for fun, and to see how low I could go, I re-aimed my Winegard 2076 over to Hispasat1.

Elevation from here is 17, Az 112. I had to think a minute how to get the elevation that low. I just had to tilt the mast forward a bit so I could get low enough.

I have the dish mounted on two concrete blocks, so it is "portable" and I can turn the mount so the dish is straight inline with the mast. Beats digging a hole for concrete:)

Knowing your situation, I believe a chainsaw will have to come first.
Chainsaws (otherwise known as mechanical beavers) are a FTA'ers best friend :)

Since I've been working the 'traditional weekend' throughout this summer, my days off are weekdays. This week, I got ahold of a G.I. 450i receiver and FINALLY got it programmed to move my actuator that's hooked to one of my P* dishes.

I still have to research the factory pre-programmed ku sat. frequencies that are in the receivers' memory, so I don't miss any fta analog ku channels when slaving it to my 2700A, but at least I can just call up a satellite and 'wa-la' it actually moves to and locks on the satellite I want.

Now if I can only get my hands on a bigger dish.....by the way, my avatar is a dish I installed at a house I lived in some 15 years ago.....but, as you can see it is still standing.

I also re-positioned one of my extra P* dishes and tweaked it at G10R.

So my current setup is...one P* dish w/actuator for birds ranging from 72 to 103 (trees prevent going east or west of those sats.), and a stand alone (in a bucket) for G10R.

Sheesh guys. After reading and re-reading this thread, I had to go ahead and take the plunge. I just purchased a bsc621 to play with. I can either take the asc421 off of the 7.5 sami and replace it...or break out the 1.2 meter channelmaster out of the garage and put it on that. I think the later. I have a non-penetrating roof mount to put it on, but I think I'll set it up in the backyard for testing to see if it will be worth hauling all of this stuff on the roof of the house (lucky me to have a flat roof). Seems like you guys are having moderate success on the cband side. I can't wait to get the 621 to play with!!!

The roll of CBand ribbon cable is on its way!

Step 1. Survey the backyard as I'm shooting through a slot but I have LOS from 55 or so to about 137. I just have to find the right spot so my KU rig isn't in the way. It has to be just right as I'm not going to repeat Step 2.

Step 2. Dig the hole and get 'er done! ;)

No more coonass wagon mount on the 10 footer. I can't wait to start scanning the skies on the CBand. It doesn't look like much is lower than 87W except for AMC6??

Well, my weekend starts tomorrow! SO, after I clean the house :-( and run some errands :-( I HOPE to get my LNB mounted for AMC4, and on Friday, my package from Sadoun should be here, so I will have another LNB to play with :) Now, how to get out of my chores :) ......................

Weekend is here! I took a nap, woke up and said, lets go play :) I received my Fortec Universal .3 db lnb from Sadoun today, and wanted to aim for AMC-4. So...After about 5-10 minutes of running cables, power, setting up the tv, tapping into the proper cables for my FTA setup, turned on the receiver, picked up the LNB, placed it next to the IA5 lnb - and BOOM! 86%! It took longer to set up! It really only took 10 seconds to get AMC-4. The Fortec lnbs are perfect - they sit butt up against each other! I have 86% on KUIL and 3ABN - I only did a short scan. Now I need to go run the coax all nice and neat and do a full scan. WOW! That was soooooo easy! Anyone else doing projects?

cool. Told you those Fortec's were easy to aim :)

Other than dropping off the Dish for RVD420, nothing really else (but that may change)

I see the 2 Fortec Univ lnb's I got from Sadoun are .3 db and the Fortec Univ I got off a seller on ebay is a .4db. Now I am trying to secuur them together :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.