Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
THANKS! I got it peaked at 46% (lowest) most are 53%-60% Doing a full scan now, picking up tools and going swimming...be back later...THANKS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this evening I couldn't wait any longer, after mounting my 1.2m dish yesturday and wanting to play with it before the wind blows it down.lol!!
I mounted the new bsc621-2 lnbf. I had to take off the lnbf holder that bolted to 3 support arms and mount the scalar ring there.Tinkered with the adjustments a little and I must say that the C part appear to work well as I have been picking up C band channels on all the sats that I do get ku on ( the ones that have c band) and like PAS 9 I can't receive KU but found a bunch of Cband TP's.
The signals are all around 85- 90 % level and Quality varies from 62 - 87% using the coolsat 5000.
The only negative I have experienced is the KU has lost some level and about 3-6% Quality on all TP's.
This was just a rushed effort to try this like a kid on Christmas morning so I'll have to tinker some more then post some numbers for those that may be interested.

Dave

Sounds like fun! I fine tuned the Ku Band signals first to get the maximum quality I could get, adjusting the skew and F/D. The C-Band signals dropped slightly but I figure C-band does not suffer from Rain Fade anyway!

Glad to here another success story!

OK, I am in and showered :) Did a blind scan of everything while I was swimming, and WOW! TONS of channels of video and radio on IA5! I am watching Syrian tv now, and the video quality is so crisp! I took my sat finder meter out of line, and my signal after tightening evrything down is 53-60%. I am amazed at teh Middle Eastern stations. So cool! My duaghter is taking an interest to this :) Now to figure out if I want to mount my other LNB next to the IA5 lnb or set up the other Primestar dish for a different bird :) My thanks again to all for your help! I wish we could have a "convention" and I would like to thank you all in person :)

I have 186 TV channels (including the scrambled) and 128 Radio Channels. WOW! THats alot on 1 sat :) TOmorrow night I will run the cable and swap the switches :)

Last post for tonight - I promise - I am getting upwards of 70% on some IA5 channels. Not sure what I should be getting, but I am happy! NOW, do I put the other Primestar in the yard or strap an LNB to the IA5 dish? :)

Great, then sounds like I am in the ballpark. I think the Primestar dish seemed a lot easier to aim then the round ones. Especially the elevation! I have never been able to peak it that easily :) Of course, maybe my install went easier as I knew to do a blind scan :) And of course all the great help I get here :)

I should have some pics soon as I just sunk a pole in the ground with 2-80lb bags of quikcrete. I should have the 4 direct burial coax cables run to it today and pulled through the PVC in the concrete and into the mounted SDU. I already have 4 RG-6's pulled to the eave that run back to the attic breakout board. I just need to run 4 RG-6's from the eave to the SDU box near the ground. This rig will have a 90cm motorized that should be delivered from Sadoun today or tomorrow. We went with a heavy duty pole as this pipe will get a reducer on top down to a pipe that will fit into a Dish500 as we are pulling the Dish500 off of the house.

Can't wait to get this thing mounted and pointed.....

Well, the weekend is fast approaching......I have my Primestar all set up pointed to IA5, have a good signal, cable buried, so what next? Well, I need to ground the post and the Fortec dish, then I also need to mount another LNB next to the IA5 LNB. Sounds like a weekend project :) What's yours?

My weekend project is to get my 1.2 meter dish up and running. Cant wait to see how well that dish performs pointed at g10. I was off camping last weekend, so no time for FTA stuff lol.

My weekend job is to get up to the roof and run a 2d RG-6 down for my 2d receiver. I'll be checking on alignment , too, hoping to figure out why I have to have an additional 5 degrees of dish elevation to get the arc .

Well since its not 800 degrees out this weekend :D I can actually get stuff done outside

Unknown at this point but probably run a couple more cables and set a new dish up. I’m trying to put my Dish500 and a Dish300 on the mast for my TV antenna but that didn’t work (too low so roof blocked view) so I might try something else.

Have to rewire some stuff in the entertainment center. Got a new hard drive/DVD recorder for the FTA setup but where I wanted to put it, the remote sensor doesn’t like it there so that has to be moved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVB on C-band

New to FTA world and looking for spanish channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)