Time for a new actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I have not used c band for several months due to a bad actuator. What would be some good recommendations? I have a 12' Conifer and the wind here is always strong and gusty. I currently have a Venture (not sure on model), it has no cover so I believe the Super Sensor II is shot.

Let us know what you find out when you get up with Venture.

I got 36 inch actuator from Venture last week. I e-mailed them on 12-14 for a quote. They responded the next day. 2 days later they called me at work for my credit card number because they did not want me to e-mail the number. UPS dropped off the actuator at my home on 12-24. They were very friendly.

Just my $0.02.
Norman

More powerful- Yes, but not nesessary more satellites. You can get same arc with any size of actuator.

I'll still have the same range, (58w to 139w) just more accuracy and less binding. (I hope) My QARL has been locking up when the temperature gets near zero.

I'm going to order a 36" Venture Maxi Ball Screw actuator this Friday! There is a change of plan, I will be putting this on a 10' Winegard Pinnacle instead. Is the 36" good or overkill?

I call it good. You can get cheaper ones that will push that dish around, but I know they want last as long. I tried a cheap one that lasted about 8 months.
Go with the Venture! :)

Venture has always done me well until I lost the back cover.

I was wanting to ask what are the pros of the quad leg Winegard Pinnacle vs the button hook version?

Button hooks can sag out of the focal point, and the easiest way to fix them is with guy wire and turnbuckles in a quad formation. So, you are better off with a quad leg feed right from the start.

24" actuator is more than sufficient for a Pinnacle.As far as button hook vs quad,the button hook on a Pinnacle so short and stiff,sagging isn't really a problem.
Pics,10' Pinnacle with 24" actuator; 100_0471.JPG 100_0472.JPG

Thanks, I'll throw some guy wires on it. I'll get this project in motion once the weather breaks because I need to dig up the dish and move it. (Future tree problems)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts