Time on VOOM screen wrong

DMARR35

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I had an install a wek ago and my time that apears on the top and above the shows playing are 6 hours off. The shows playing are right but the time is way off. I phoned VOOM with no luck they told me it would correct itself in a few days but it's been a week. Any suggestions? Thank You

Don't have any suggestions but I have a similar problem. Some times the time is right and then it is off by about 5 minutes. I thought it was my imagination but yesterday my wife saw it too. I was looking at the guide and selected a channel and about a minute later I went back into the guide and the time was off by 5 minutes.

I have seen the jump to be about 8 minutes or so. The time in the guide will be 8 minutes off, then a couple of minutes later I will check and it will be right on the money. Then a couple minutes later it will be off by 8 minutes again.

It doesn't bother me much now, because I am not using the Voom DVR yet. Once the DVR is shipped, this will be a critical factor in being able to record a show.

I've experenced the time shift also - typically 5 to 10 minutes. And then suddenly it's fixed. First couple times I thought I was in some sort of time warp. Gonna need a regular clock by my TV.

I think this problem has been around for a long time. It has been brought to the attention of the Voom engineering a number of times. Odd the way it jumps around. Mine also is on time one minute then a short while later it will be off by several minutes .... and so on. Not a big problem now but if it persists when the DVR arrives it will be a major mess. :rolleyes:

Time off

My VOOM isn't min. its hours and they can't fix if .If it doesn't get fixed when the DVR comes out i will be in trouble.

Time

My time is off at least 5 Minuets in my Living room in my Bedroom my time is correct these is weird i hope Voom could fix the problem because there DVR is coming out soon. :D

If you've been installed for a week then something is wrong. Being off a few minutes has been widely reported here on the forum and needs to be corrected before the DVR comes out.

I'd call VOOM's 800 # again and if the CSR can't correct the box by "hitting" it (I've fixed a lot of things that way over the years!) then ask for a supervisor and make sure the problem is logged into their computer system. They will read back what is on the system if asked nicely.

Oh, and good luck!

Still watching HDTV under clearing (?) Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts