Time to Delete timers

Adios to my Terra Nova timers. Soon to follow, I suspect, are A Gifted Man (even though they've been drawing an 8.5 - 9.7 million audience on a Friday night and easily winning their timeslot), Alcatraz (a good but not great show), Unforgettable (good show, but it's barely beating A Gifted Man in a better Primetime slot) and Fringe (I enjoy it, but the ratings suggest that I'm one of the few). It looks as though I will have plenty of new timers to add this fall. We shall see.

Although it hasn't officially be cancelled, I deleted A Gifted Man since it hasn't been on the air in almost two months and there are no more shows in the queue. Surprisingly, Fringe was renewed a for a final one-half season next year (for syndication purposes) and there may still be a very slight hope for Unforgettable. We shall see.

I guess I will have to delete Rob since it hasn't been on in a while. Anyone know what happened to it?

I too deleted Alcatraz. I watched a few episodes and decided it was not for me. I have not even watched one episode of awake, I have them all recorded. It is one that I decided to hold until they make an announcement on renewal. I am not going to be sucked into a show with a long term arch only to have it cancelled... It is not looking good right now.

The last 2 years I pretty much put a timer on every new show. The ones that I think I will be really interested in, I watch. Others like Awake that may be interesting I just record to see how the series does.

Oh, ok. I liked it, so I hope they bring it back for a full season.

CBS will announce their full fall schedule on May 16. If they have not made an announcement by now it will likely happen then.

I guess that's another good thing going for PTAT. I don't need to do a thing with timers.... :)

Would not help with me. I like to keep new series built up and watch all at once if they are not cancelled. It works well since the summer months lack TV and I have a lot to watch. I deleted Bent, Best Friends Forever, Rob, Awake, etc without watching a single episode.... I have a few series like Touch to watch and see if I like it. I may end up cancelling more timers because I do not like the show, but I hate getting caught up in a show only to have it yanked out from under me. So, my current policy is to simply make a timer for almost any new show that I could be interested in and see how it does. If it goes down I can simply delete the episodes and timer and it is like it never happened.

Well now I'm down to 2 "prime time" recordings and might go down to 1 soon

gone...biggest loser. After this season I'm done with the show
might go...2 broke girls. While the beginning was funny lately it hasnt been funny at all. Isnt that what a comedy is suppose to be? Funny?

so that leaves Last Man Standing as well.....the last man standing with my Prime Time shows

Still have 4 other network timers but they are wrestling (2 different shows), Nascar (Fox) and the Polka show (Bandwagon) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)