Time Trax question - old version

onapartyrock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Seeing that the new version require Internet access all the time and I don't have broadband and am using Time Trax 3.2 I have two questions:

1. As an owner of the old software, that had lifetime use, if I ever had to install it on a new machine would the activation process work on it.

2. If my XM receiver ever went out, would I be able to get the old software to work with another receiver if I purchased that receiver from timetrax?

I like ver 3.2 very much and would be willing to rebuy it for question 2 if necessary; hopefully my receiver will live forever, but you never know.

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1) You can continue to use the old version for as long as you want and you do not need to upgrade to Recast. Your key will be fine.

2) If your XM reciever dies you would have to purchase a new version of TimeTrax as the licence it tied to the radio itself. At this time you would have to upgrade to Recast as we do not have the ability to generate keys for the "classic" version.

Derek

dserianni said:
Hi,

1) You can continue to use the old version for as long as you want and you do not need to upgrade to Recast. Your key will be fine.

2) If your XM reciever dies you would have to purchase a new version of TimeTrax as the licence it tied to the radio itself. At this time you would have to upgrade to Recast as we do not have the ability to generate keys for the "classic" version.

Derek

Thanks, so if my receiver dies I will not be able to use Timetrax as I do not have broadband and the new version requires an connection at all times.

I'll keep my finger's crossed! :)

Thanks, so if my receiver dies I will not be able to use Timetrax as I do not have broadband and the new version requires an connection at all times.

That is incorrect. Version 1.4 does require a constant internet connection. Version 1.5 requires an internet connection, but does not require it full time and should not stop working if the internet connection is lost.

Version 1.5 is currently available as a beta and we are very interested to confirm that the issue of shutting down immeditately without a constant connection is corrected. We are interested in hearing about the experiences that users have with the internet connection issues and beta 1.5. Please let us know.

David K.
Time Trax

dserianni said:
Hi,

Derek

You might have gone over this before - so forgive me for not finding it in the search - but I have the XM PCR, if that dies, I would have to buy Time Trax Again when I bought a new XM receiver to replace that?

What happens if my keys are already working in Recast, and my XM PCR dies, I need to buy recast again?

last 2 questions; If I purchased Time Trax Recast and the whole kit from you (xm direct and so on) to work with my computer, and in 6 months or 1 and 6 months my unit dies, do I need to PURCHASE TimeTrax AGAIN ? because the unit was replaced with another one with a new ID?

Before I freak out - please answer those questions?

Thanks

Well, this is certainly a different answer than when I asked this question back in 2004 before purchasing my XMPCR from TimeTrax Inc.

At that time the answer was that if you purchased the software and your radio died, you could show proof of change of Radio ID on your XM account cancelling the old and subscribing the new and they would issue a new key.

My how things have changed.

BTW - Requiring an internet connection for more than registration makes this new software usless to me. I still use 3.1 as both 3.2 and 3.4 have issues that were supposed to be fixed in 3.5 and 4.0 respectively. Then both those versions were dropped. This spyware called Recast is not my idea of a replacement or unlimited free upgrades.

Last edited:
kelendral said:
Well, this is certainly a different answer than when I asked this question back in 2004 before purchasing my XMPCR from TimeTrax Inc.

At that time the answer was that if you purchased the software and your radio died, you could show proof of change of Radio ID on your XM account cancelling the old and subscribing the new and they would issue a new key.

My how things have changed.

BTW - Requiring an internet connection for more than registration makes this new software usless to me. I still use 3.1 as both 3.2 and 3.4 have issues that were supposed to be fixed in 3.5 and 4.0 respectively. Then both those versions were dropped. This spyware called Recast is not my idea of a replacement or unlimited free upgrades.

If I am correct - - - I beleive its got to do with the registration stuff - they can no longer create registration keys (due to the whole thing of getting attacked they got insanely needy of the connection and stuff) they gave up that process and started this recast product. New product - new keys. This is not my question.

I have obviously been converted from the TT classic registration to the new recast registration. So the question stands what happens with MY radio ID and it dies - do I have to buy the product again??? that seems so insane to me. but I am waiting for answer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts