Time Trax Systems are Down

dkieffer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
As of approximately 4:00am EST 12/21/2005 Time Trax systems have been intermittently unavailable and as of 10:00am they are completely offline.
This does not effect the main Time Trax website and ecommerce functionality but it does effect:
  • Registration Server
  • Support Services
  • Investor Services
YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE RUNNING TIMETRAX RECAST.
We expect the outage will continue through the afternoon and be resolved at approximately 7:00PM EST today.
This notice will be updated periodically as additional information is available. Please do not call or submit trouble reports until the systems are confirmed to be back up and running and you have confirmed that the problem is not related to our systems being offine.

Last updated at 12:11PM EST 12/21/2005 by D. Kieffer

dkieffer said:
As of approximately 4:00am EST 12/21/2005 Time Trax systems have been intermittently unavailable and as of 10:00am they are completely offline.
This does not effect the main Time Trax website and ecommerce functionality but it does effect:
  • Registration Server
  • Support Services
  • Investor Services
YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE RUNNING TIMETRAX RECAST.
We expect the outage will continue through the afternoon and be resolved at approximately 7:00PM EST today.
This notice will be updated periodically as additional information is available. Please do not call or submit trouble reports until the systems are confirmed to be back up and running and you have confirmed that the problem is not related to our systems being offine.

Last updated at 12:11PM EST 12/21/2005 by D. Kieffer

Thats a 15 hour downtime in a production environment - what kind of operation is this?

Bring your test systems online in place of the production outage and restore from last known good tape so that people can use their equipment.

Jeez... not having a failover or fault tolerant in a business critical application is unacceptable.

Thanks to Time Trax Classic - I am un-affected.

I think that this is an example of one of the several reasons the folks at TimeTrax Tech have stated that they are working to do away with the constant phoning home form of copy protection.

There's another software/hardware combo in my office at home that needed a certain server to be online to be fully function. That company folded and their server of course went away. Luckily, it wasn't hard to fool the software into talking to one of my servers and into believing it was "mama". I won't go into more detail for obvious reasons. ;)

LVWolfman said:
I think that this is an example of one of the several reasons the folks at TimeTrax Tech have stated that they are working to do away with the constant phoning home form of copy protection.

Well... they never said they would remove the need for the internet connection. What was said is that they would allow you to OPT - OUT of the need for internet connection, however, you are then opt'ing out of some advanced features that are required for the constant internet connection.

I read that as there are NEW features going to be introduced and they will allow you to remove the need for the constant internet connection but then you might also opt out of these new features. basically turning your product into a less power peice of software. Thats just what I got out of it.
Time Trax Staff

TixeTrax Staff
6 month star 12 month star
PN is correct, we are working on a solution to not require the internet connection for the basic features. There is some future functionality coming down the road that will require a regular connection to Time Trax, but you will have the option to opt-out of the advanced features to avoid the requirement for a regular internet connection back to our servers.

We hope to have more information about the new features and solution to the internet connectivity issue in the near future. As soon as I have it, I'll post the information here in the forums.

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

from thread :http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=49404
Post 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)