TimeTrax Company Info

rhiggins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hello,

I am relatively new as a TimeTrax customer and I am just a little curious to know about TimeTrax's background and future of the recast software.

Like for example how many employees does TimeTrax have? Development Staff size. I thought I noticed in the forums that a new recast version is being worked on (not the beta 1.5) that will greatly enhance the TimeTrax device and the recast application. Is this true?

How often does TimeTrax plan to release new updates of the Recast? Based on other products that are on the horizon will this stop or prevent any future updates with the recast application?

I notice that there is an expiration date when viewing key information.
What exactly does this mean? After this time does a new key need to be generated?

Is Timetrax a privately held company or can you purchase stock?

I notice that Derek is the main person that navigates through this forum, and responds to technical support questions. Is Derek the main contact, or only contact? < Kudos to Derek and all my questions that have been answered AND very quickly!>

So far using the TimeTrax and the recast software has been very fun, and sometimes it has been aggravating but since this device is still new I am looking forward to the updates that will resolve defects and also continue to enhance the TimeTrax Recast software.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Like for example how many employees does TimeTrax have? Development Staff size. I thought I noticed in the forums that a new recast version is being worked on (not the beta 1.5) that will greatly enhance the TimeTrax device and the recast application. Is this true?

There is a newer version of Recast, utilizing different architecture (basically a new application) but with most of the same functionality being worked on. This is stretching the development staff a bit thin, but we're trying to get as much of the new development done, as well as catch up on issue fixes on the current version, as we can.

How often does TimeTrax plan to release new updates of the Recast? Based on other products that are on the horizon will this stop or prevent any future updates with the recast application?

Recast will continue to be the core software application for all future products.

I notice that there is an expiration date when viewing key information.
What exactly does this mean? After this time does a new key need to be generated?

The expiration date is the date which you can no longer upgrade to a new version of Recast for free. You can continue to use your existing version with your existing registration key indefinitely after the expiry date.

Is Timetrax a privately held company or can you purchase stock?

Time Trax is a privately held corporation.

I notice that Derek is the main person that navigates through this forum, and responds to technical support questions. Is Derek the main contact, or only contact?

Derek is the main contact, but (obviously) not the only contact. :)

So far using the TimeTrax and the recast software has been very fun, and sometimes it has been aggravating but since this device is still new I am looking forward to the updates that will resolve defects and also continue to enhance the TimeTrax Recast software.
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate it!

Thanks GSM!

That's right, I am not the only TimeTrax employee... but I am basically the main Support person.

I manage our Customer Support and Public Beta Program.

I try to be the main support contact and will occasionally poke my nose in on this forum to help out where I can.

I tend to concentrate on tickets first and then the forums second. This is why we ask that all users with issues open a ticket for support rather than posting here.

A ticket will always get a response and a resolution of some sort from myself. If I have to forward tickets to other departments or people within the organization there could be a delay.

For more information about our company you can visit our website and read more about the principal people in the about us section.

We have nothing to hide.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)