Tips, Techniques and Secrets

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
A place to share exactly what the title suggests.....

Here's one: When cooking bacon, do it in the oven on a sheet pan. Cook for 10-13 minutes at 400ºF.

Your bacon won't shrivel up and lose it's shape like it would if cooking in a pan. It also cooks evenly perfect each and every time. See attached picture for evidence.....

When I told my uncle about this recently, I was shocked to hear that he's never heard of cooking bacon this way. Since using the oven method, I refuse to cook bacon any other way....

Attachments

• CIMG2181.JPG
    CIMG2181.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 206
A place to share exactly what the title suggests.....

Here's one: When cooking bacon, do it in the oven on a sheet pan. Cook for 10-13 minutes at 400ºF.

Your bacon won't shrivel up and lose it's shape like it would if cooking in a pan. It also cooks evenly perfect each and every time. See attached picture for evidence.....

When I told my uncle about this recently, I was shocked to hear that he's never heard of cooking bacon this way. Since using the oven method, I refuse to cook bacon any other way....

I forgot about that way to do bacon. Thanks for the reminder. A lot less clean up. I hate cleaning the top of the stove after a bacon fry.

Another tip:

To prevent your burger from shrinking up on the grill, form a reservoir with your thumb in the middle of your meat patty when forming and before you put on the grill.

Some people just throw the burger on, then when it starts to plump and it begins to lose it's shape, they just smash it down with a spatula. This is bad, because by doing this, you're releasing all the juices from the burger.

Use the thumb trick next time and you'll be left with a perfectly juicy burger that retains it's shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)