titanium ASC1 dish positioner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdiddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2013
western montana
Could we get a post of at least the directions of how to program this unit?I am hoping that you don"t need an engineering degree to set this unit up.I can't tell if you need a lap top to input data to tell it where to stop,or if you can program it just like the v-box.Also I wonder if some of us that have modified sensors are gonna have problems.This is my biggest concern.:confused:

The unit can be programmed using the remote, front panel keys or with a STB using DiSEqC 1.2 install menu. No PC is required.

Have you reviewed the Owners Manual yet? If so, what specific programming question do you have? http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/manuals

What sort of problems would a modified sensor give? The ASC1 resolves to 50hz. Can't imagine that a modified sensor would exceed that resolution.

Last edited:
Got one of the early bird specials from Titanium,I heard you can now buy them on Flea Bay.Boy O Boy to see it a hold it,it is nothing like the cheapo V-box.Just got it haven't made the time to program it,just got it a few hours ago.I"ll post some thing after I can figure out how to program it.

A couple of points to bring up. The ASC1 comes out of the box with the AC voltage input set at 230V. Slide the switch to 115V. Also there is a "Lock Out" switch on the lower right of the front control panel. This is a mechanical switch, push on , push off. This disables the front panel including the IR sensor for the remote. Yep your unit isn't broke, push the switch ;)

Working fine here....also I've seen other vendors have them for a few days! :)

So how long does it take for it to ship ... I ordered 1 Dec. 2 when Titanium had the early sale .. are they giving tracking #'s if so I guess mine has no shipped yet .. on the email they sent me ( receipt ) theirs a web link to check all it say is it was accepted .. its been saying that since Dec. 2 or the day I ordered it

You need to PM Titanium about that.....He will take care of you. :)

I downloaded the 1.5 version of the update software. I still get "device has not been prepared, please reconnect the cable an reboot the update software" .

I have done this tons of times.

I downloaded the 1.5 version of the update software. I still get "device has not been prepared, please reconnect the cable an reboot the update software" .

I have done this tons of times.

You can do it a million times, and we still can't help unless you give us more info.

The pc isn't even talking to the ASC1.

What pc are you using? What operating system is it running, Does it have a native 9 pin serial port, or are you using a USB to Serial adapter? What brand adapter? Did you load any drivers needed for that adapter? If USB to Serial, what COM port is associated to it? What kind of cable are you using from the pc to the ASC1? Etc.

Toshiba windows 7 Home premium laptop. No native serial ports. Using a Gigaware (RadioShack) USB to Serial adaptor with null modem cable.

How do you know Windows set that device to Com1? Did you see that in Device Manager? Is the ASC1 program from Brian set to Com1 in it's settings? I'm assuming that the program has a way to change those settings. I've never seen a serial port program that didn't. The ASC1 program might be set to Com1, but the adapter also has to be on Com1.

Ok, those settings aren't right. See this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/327196-ASC1-Actuator-Moving-Issues-Solved?p=3338654#post3338654

You need to stick to one thread, so go back to that one that you started. Better yet, maybe you should PM Brian directly. You need to get your pc talking with the ASC1. Until that happens, you'll never get any further.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)