Tivo Premiere Elite wins 2012 CES Inovation award

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I saw this displayed at the Venetian today, kudos to Tivo for the award.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    874.8 KB · Views: 350
I kinda think it is a sad statement for CES if this was the innovation award winner. IMHO, it is an evolutionary product, simply adding two cable tuners and eliminating two OTA tuners from a Premiere and then stuffing in a larger HDD. Where is the innovation??

I kinda think it is a sad statement for CES if this was the innovation award winner. IMHO, it is an evolutionary product, simply adding two cable tuners and eliminating two OTA tuners from a Premiere and then stuffing in a larger HDD. Where is the innovation??

Yeah, kind of sounds like a Dish DVR. :)

as an owner of 3 premiere units the elite is simply unusable in my mind for the whole house. It needs accompanying dumb units like moxi has for the whole house. I already have 6 tuner recorders, 2 in bedrooms and one in the living room for my 3 Tv's and can stream or transfer back and forth. I cant see ever wanting to record more than 6 shows in any one hour. I guess if someone only wanted one recording unit in the home then maybe, but eventually you would want to share programming and you can do it a heckl of a lot cheaper with regular premiere units new or off ebay.

as an owner of 3 premiere units the elite is simply unusable in my mind for the whole house. It needs accompanying dumb units like moxi has for the whole house. I already have 6 tuner recorders, 2 in bedrooms and one in the living room for my 3 Tv's and can stream or transfer back and forth. I cant see ever wanting to record more than 6 shows in any one hour. I guess if someone only wanted one recording unit in the home then maybe, but eventually you would want to share programming and you can do it a heckl of a lot cheaper with regular premiere units new or off ebay.

Kind of my take as well, although the equation may change when TIVO comes up with a price for lifetime on the unit.

I guess Dish getting recognized by the same panel is also a joke then?

Well considering you have to pay money in order have your product considered, ya I kinda think this award is a joke. Awards given out by people like Engadget, the Verge, or even CNET hold more water than this. (I noticed that you didn't even try to defend the Tivo Premiere Elite, so you agree with me?)

Well considering you have to pay money in order have your product considered, ya I kinda think this award is a joke. Awards given out by people like Engadget, the Verge, or even CNET hold more water than this. (I noticed that you didn't even try to defend the Tivo Premiere Elite, so you agree with me?)

How are they paying for it, or are you referring to the cost of exhibiting at CES?

I've never used an elite, but it received this mention for a reason (just as DISH was honored for one of their products), I just hate the bashing for no reason other than to hate on a brand that you have an obvious bias against because they were successful in litigation against the company you sub to for 'longer than you can remember'.

I don't see you in the general awards thread debunking this perceived farce of an award, only taking another opportunity to bash TiVo... which this panel of "independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade press" obviously disagrees with.

Also it appears TiVO is an honoree for the award, the
Panasonic BDT320 Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc player won it.

How are they paying for it, or are you referring to the cost of exhibiting at CES?.

No, read up on how to submit your device for consideration. There's a chart that tells you how big of a money hat you need to have delivered to the CEA separate from any exhibition fees. If you are an exhibitor CES and member of the CEA it's not much. But if you are neither of those... it's up to $1200 if you wait too long.

2012 CES: About Innovations

But you know what? Whatever floats these people's boat. I really don't care... What caught my eye with this thread was the words "Tivo" and "Innovation" used within close proximity of each other... I just couldn't help but have the first thing come out of my mouth be... "Really? They must be joking."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)