TNAP 5 being developed

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Apparently it's still being beta tested. I installed the firmware in slot 4 of my osmio4k. It has bugs. When I click on some menu items the box reboots. So I'm sticking with 4.2 for now.

Looking at my full backups on my EXT Hdd I tested it using the Mio4k non plus back in Sept. and I did not find any problem but tnap 5 was built off of Openpli develope and Python 3 so it is beta but stable . I use tnap 4.2 and I know it is good. Been using it for most the year.

Reactions: primestar31
Looking at my full backups on my EXT Hdd I tested it using the Mio4k non plus back in Sept. and I did not find any problem but tnap 5 was built off of Openpli develope and Python 3 so it is beta but stable . I use tnap 4.2 and I know it is good. Been using it for most the year.
Yeah, 4.2 is the best one yet. Thanks!

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I installed the beta version of 5 on my box and loaded a backup of my settings from 4.2. It then automatically tried to update the software, failed to download some items, then went into a loop of continuously restarting E2 (not the hardware or Linux, just E2.)

So I reinstalled it without the backup of the settings. It didn't try to update this time since the network connection wasn't configured yet, but it crashes when I select the blind scan menu.

I just hope some day that TNAP will separate radio from TV.

Also, it keeps changing my DVR drive from /media/usb (correct) to 'media/hdd which doesn't work.

I'm not sure what you mean by separating radio from TV.

For the second issue, mine stayed on the correct setting after I changed it once. If yours isn't staying, I wonder if you could delete /media/hdd and recreate it as a link to /media/usb?