Status
Not open for further replies.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
You people are sad and I hope you are caught. This is one of the most powerful storms ever to hit the US and their are hundreds feared dead. I just think at this time of sorrow and prayer that all these idiots can think about is personal gain from still from others. Now I wouldn't be as pissed if it was food and water. But I was watching CNN earlier and saw morons caring out TV's, stereos, and other stuff. I would even not be as mad if it was cloths. I just think it is sad when people do this and I pray they are caught and I pray for the people that have been affected and devastated by Katrina.

Considering these are the same people who didn't heed numerous warnings to evacuate the city prior to the storm hitting, I am not surprised. In fact, I'm sure a number of these criminals stayed behind in order to rape, rob and pillage. Food, water and clothing are certainly understandable, but I say shoot the bastards who are caught looting.

riffjim4069 said:
Considering these are the same people who didn't heed numerous warnings to evacuate the city prior to the storm hitting, I am not surprised. In fact, I'm sure a number of these criminals stayed behind in order to rape, rob and pillage. Food, water and clothing are certainly understandable, but I say shoot the bastards who are caught looting.

I bet Officials in N.O. will be reviewing all that footage for a few years until they can throw as many behind bars as they can...

i agree....it really turns my stomach thinking about how some people think. One of the problems is that the police cars are running out of gas and the prisons have been evacuated.....they need help and then need it fast. I truly hope they can stop the water soon, or there is still much more destruction to be done.

I may be going against the grain here, but I think in this case SOME looting is OK.

If the people are grabbing food, water, diapers, and baby food let them have it, its going to go bad anyways.

If they are grabbing Jewlery, TV's, etc then shoot to kill. :)

I was proud of the fact that we were to first forum to fly the Red Cross Banner, but yet I want to do more but don't know what we can do, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

We could do some sort of charity drive to get supplies gathered in many parts of the country to send to the Gulf area.

I would rather people donate directly to the Red Cross.

I am removing the advertising that we have been running for many national sponsors such as Netflix, Time Life, Vonage, Lingo etc for the time being so we can add some additional banner ads for the red cross.

riffjim4069 said:

What would you tell the poor people with no car? Walk out of town? Once you get out of town, what do you do? Find a motel? Assuming a cheap motel, $50 a night.. People wont be returning home for at least 2 weeks. Thats $700.

I agree people with the means to leave should have, but I feel really bad about the people walking down the street with everything they own now in two trash bags... Very sad. If they want to loot some food, I don't mind. Stores will write it all off to insurance anyways.

And they would write it off no matter if it was looted or not. Let them take it.

Another thing that worries me is we have not heard anything about the elderly who are stuck in beds, are they all gone now?

This is a very sad event.

There is a diference, those who are looting food and water and absolute needs are one thing, those who are looting luxury items such as jewlery and tvs and other items are looters while the first set are trying to survive against odds that no one should have to face. One thing to consider though is that the probability that anyone down there has internet access is %0, theres no power, no cell phones, no tv, limited to no land line phone service, theres nothing.

While I haven't seen people walking down the streets with tv's or anything like that, I don't see people with loaves of bread either. I'm sure the news is editing in only the bad looters though.

It's ok if they're looting food and water and stuff, that stuff will be destroyed if it sits and it's already being processed by the insurance as lost, so if they can find use for it, there's no crime in that.

As for anyone taking jewelry and designer clothes, well, what are you gonna do, ya know? They're scum, and they'll probably find out in a day or two that their sisters or cousins were killed, so it'll all even out...

There is an obvious difference, but I would say that the arguments don't justify the actions... It's all a crime. To continue with the thought, how good are the jeans, jewelry and TV's going to be as well?? They are going to be written off just like the food.

With that said, if I were there and had to feed my family and had no other alternative, I would be doing the same thing, but I would be prepared to answer for it later as well.

I cant support shooting the looters. These people are up to their necks in sewage and water, no clothes, no food, no power, no money, no bank, no jobs anymore. Absolutely NOTHING. Even when and if they make it out there will be no job to go too, or clothes to wear. I went through only one week without power or hot water or AC during Isabel and it was dreadful. I cant imagine what these people are going through and I cannot blame anyone for taking items inorder to survive. Even when this is over many will have no job or income to pay for housing.

I have been following the story on Fox News here in the Netherlands as this is the only US news station which i can receive and gives me this coverage. cnni is busy with other world related stuff. It's really sad and at the same time spectacular to see all this happen. News in the netherlands is brought entirely in a different way. It's like they don't know how to make a decent live coverage of news here :(

It's hard to agree on the looting when you see someone steal a tv set. But i can also imagine like vurbano said. These people don't have any possesions left. No money, so they will take whatever they can find to sell later so they can start recovering from this huge loss. Ofcourse it's very wrong!! and i would probably wanna shoot them if they were taking my possesions. But it's also a matter of life and dead and unfortunately we live in a world were money makes that difference.

vurbano said:
I cant support shooting the looters. These people are up to their necks in sewage and water, no clothes, no food, no power, no money, no bank, no jobs anymore. Absolutely NOTHING. Even when and if they make it out there will be no job to go too, or clothes to wear. I went through only one week without power or hot water or AC during Isabel and it was dreadful. I cant imagine what these people are going through and I cannot blame anyone for taking items inorder to survive. Even when this is over many will have no job or income to pay for housing.

thats all fine and dandy....but these people are stealing GUNS and police officers are getting shot at!! thousands of guns have been stolen throughout NO. This is creating crime in that city and they should be focusing on people in need of help...not worrying about getting shot at. Now all these A$$ HOLES are armed and will eventually moving into surrounding cities where they can commit crimes there.

I could understand looting food and drink, but non neccessities like TVs, jewelry, etc are over the line.

If my family needed food and drink, and we were in that situation, I can't say I wouldn't do it to feed my family.

What Im curious about is, what did they do with all the prisoners? I heard before it hit that they were staying put, but no idea now!

And edit, about the looting, I do think it is ok to loot the necessities (food/water/required medicine/clothing) but who NEEDS a 50" tv when the lights wont be back on for 3 months? I would really love to know how the government says during a national crisis (ie city gets nuked) that there wouldnt be any mass chaos/looting, sides the martial law, but still!

Ahh, atleast they got em out, sounds SOFT, but id bet most are low risk offenders, theft/drug use etc.. no rape/murder (tho yes one can lead to another)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)