KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Tonight's episode of Satellite Nation will be on blog talk only.

Sorry guys.

http://tobtr.com/s/5901467

Call In is 877-SAT-GUYS....877-728-4897

Blog talk usually has horrible audio quality. Ok on the phone, but the stream, not so much.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

I agree, but Dave was not at home to setup the link, and with Satellite Inet, even though I have the fastest package, I didn't want to attempt. Figured it would be worse.

I agree, but Dave was not at home to setup the link, and with Satellite Inet, even though I have the fastest package, I didn't want to attempt. Figured it would be worse.

Ooh, satellite internet, my condolences. I know I couldn't do my rock show without my DSL connection and it's 35ms latency. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah it is so crazy when frontier took over around here they stopped expanding their network. I am 4 miles from town, and there they have a choice of Cable or DSL or Fiber. DSl stops less than a mile from my house and I have a friend that works with them and he laughed and said as long as Frontier is in charge you may never see DSL. He said you have a better chance of Fiber from Verizon....I would prefer that anyway. For now however it is Satellite for HSI or dial-up, sooo you can see why I went with Satellite. ;)

My house is 9 miles from the city limits. My DSL is only 1.5 down .32 up but it's a very stable connection with excellent ping & I can do my show or watch Youtube & Netflix & stuff so I'm good with it. Had this connection about 4 years now. Dial-up before that.

Frontier has not only been expanding around here but they have also been upgrading people to 24 mb down and 2 mb up. They are way out in many locations in the country/boonies.

Frontier has not only been expanding around here but they have also been upgrading people to 24 mb down and 2 mb up. They are way out in many locations in the country/boonies.

Wish they would do that here. :rant:

Sorry about that I was out in Vegas and when I tried to RDP into that box at the office it would not response. The connection I use to stream is a metro-Ethernet 10X10. Coming from my AS# 54035 :) :) I'm thinking about taking a box downtown for the Gig-E port and doing some wowaz video for Satellite Nation Next week for a live review of the DVR+!!!

Check Out This a Real switch/router Cisco 6509/ SUP720-3BXL:D its not that messy anymore.

Attachments

• image-2938870020.jpg
    image-2938870020.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 160

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)