Top two teams in MLB's NL have played the last two nights in SD only (E* is joke)

This is a repost from another thread talking about QVC HD

I know "no one" ever watches shopping channels. This is why QVC fields about 230,000 phone calls a day and in 2007 sold about $7 BILLLion in merchandise. The fact that "no one" watches this channel is also proven by the fact that this channel is the #2 cable network in revenues each year.

So, how many people watch this channel? No one cares since revenue is all that matters and QVC doesn't subscribe to Nielsen. But let's make a very high estimate in call volume and say that 1 in 5 people who watch the channel call in a day. That's 1,150,000 viewers a day. That would make it the #6 cable network in terms of viewers this summer. We all know that the number of people who call is much lower than that.

For refference...
This is the number of viewers in prime time in the third week of June for the following networks according to Nielsen (x Million):
1. USA 2.088 (in HD on Dish)
2. Disney 1.815 (in HD on Dish)
3. TBS 1.617 (in HD on Dish)
4. TNT 1.549 (in HD on Dish)
5. Fox News 1.269 (in HD on Dish)
6. Lifetime 1.161 (in HD on Dish)
7. Nick at Nite 1.101 (in HD on Dish)
8. FX 1.039 (in HD on Dish)
9. A & E 1.032 (in HD on Dish)
10. Cartoon 1.027 (in HD on Dish)

----Interesting that no sports network cracked the top 10. QCV had more viewers on average than even ESPN!

Lets compare the low number on QVC of 1.15 Million viewers a day to these high "sweeps" numbers:
Ratings cable network leaders Oct 2008

Rank Network Average Viewers Live+SD (million)
1 TBS 4.708
2 Fox News 3.824
3 ESPN 3.018
4 USA 2.655
5 Disney 2.517
6 CNN 2.364
7 Cartoon Network 1.889
8 Nick At Nite 1.701
9 MSNBC 1.635
10 TNT 1.607
11 SCIFI 1.416
12 Lifetime 1.383
13 A&E 1.336
14 Hallmark 1.241
15 FX 1.230
------QCV would go here
16 Discovery 1.108
17 Comedy 1.088
18 SPIKE 1.052
19 ABC Family 1.016
20 HGTV 0.940

Notice how all the channels listed are already in HD on Dish
And notice how no single RSN is in this list.

See ya
Tony

That logic above doesn't take into account that same person might make multiple -- or even dozens of -- calls to QVC in a day/week. I seem to recall headlines touting the numbers of Tweeter members, then it came out that only about 10% of those members provide about 90% of the content. A similar type of thing might apply here with QVC, meaning the logic above could be off by as much as a factor of 10.

About 15 minutes after the game started FOXMW HD had the game-hence JIP. This has nothing to do with E* but falls on FSMW. Email them and ask them why. I'd love to see their response.

That is backwards. It has everything to do with E* and FSMW has no control over Dish Network's decisions to not sign full time contracts or provide sufficient bandwidth.

That logic above doesn't take into account that same person might make multiple -- or even dozens of -- calls to QVC in a day/week. I seem to recall headlines touting the numbers of Tweeter members, then it came out that only about 10% of those members provide about 90% of the content. A similar type of thing might apply here with QVC, meaning the logic above could be off by as much as a factor of 10.

I took that into account by saying that one in 5 viewers (20%) would call. The actual average percentage of active callers to radio or TV "call-in" show contest lines (to win prizes and other give-aways) is under 4%. There many more viewers/listeners than callers even to shopping channels. But we digress

See ya
Tony

I took that into account by saying that one in 5 viewers (20%) would call. The actual average of active percentage of callers to radio or TV "call-in" show contest lines (to win prizes and other give-aways) is under 4%. There many more viewers/listeners than callers even to shopping channels. But we digress

See ya
Tony

It doesn't look lke it is going to matter what you show, say, or prove...

You are ALWAYS a Former Customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts