Toshiba DST 3000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kalasing

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Would D* still activate this receiver and be able to get local HD? And is this capable of getting International channels?

Thanks in advance.

They will still activate it.

It will not get MPEG4 HD locals or RSN, but all other HD programming.

It should get local HD via the correct OTA.

It will not get internationals.

.... and you might need a new access card because the one that comes with it is now obsolete!

Dude... You talking about taking chances there man... U wil either get one that work 80% of the time or one that dont work at all with HD OTA....

its a well known issue with those boxes

The DST 3000 is a clone of the Hughes E-86 and as hdtvtechno says, they has a habit of running very hot and many of them have failed as a result. If you get one that works, don't put it in an enclosed space, don't put any other equipment on top of it, put a small computer fan on top of the box to help keep it cool and keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice. It was just being offer to me by a friend. I already have H20but I thought I will be able to use it if I get another HDTV.

If it's not costing you anything (or not much) it is an excellent receiver for both OTA and satellite if it is working. Mine died of heatstroke about a year ago....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv Local Channel ? for NFL Games

New look to Active features on supported STBs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)