Totally off Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Tell me if I am wrong. This fall TV season seems to have more commercials than last. I am from dish and I have the 24 from direct. I dvr everything first from dish then direct and it seems like it takes forever to get through the commercials. Are there more commercials or am I not used to the speed of the 24 fast forward?

ageism said:
Tell me if I am wrong. This fall TV season seems to have more commercials than last. I am from dish and I have the 24 from direct. I dvr everything first from dish then direct and it seems like it takes forever to get through the commercials. Are there more commercials or am I not used to the speed of the 24 fast forward?

Judging by the length of episodes on Hulu (42-43 minutes), I'd say that it's a perception thing on your part. Although, in the recent past, broadcasters like ABC have been known to extend the length of a popular show's airing (bleeding into the official start time of the next show) in order to fit an extra commercial or two at the popular show's rate. But the length of the shows was not changed, there are just fewer commercials during the second less popular show.

This is still a far cry from the 50+ minute length of the typical one hour show 15-20 years ago, but there hasn't seemed to be an additional decrease in programing time the past couple of years.

Thank god for the DVR. BTW, you do know about the skip ahead button, right? The circular arrow sort of at 1 o'clock from the select button. 30 seconds ahead per press.

I agree, there are more commercials. I think Project Runway went to 90 minutes just to pack in more commercials. Added 10 mins of program, 20 of commercials.

Thank god for the DVR. BTW, you do know about the skip ahead button, right? The circular arrow sort of at 1 o'clock from the select button. 30 seconds ahead per press.

I agree, there are more commercials. I think Project Runway went to 90 minutes just to pack in more commercials. Added 10 mins of program, 20 of commercials.
Yep, I can watch a 1-hour show I like in 40-minutes and so-so shows in 15-20 once I FF past the parts I don't like. Heck, I can watch 6-hours of golf in 90-minutes and not miss a single stroke. It's like television on steriods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts