TP scan vs blind scan traxis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moseley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I am looking to buy a new receiver.

Looking at Traxis is appears that the 4550 and 3500 have blind scans while the others just scan for active tps

Is there a difference in how well they function or is it just a speeds issue.

I intend to look for feeds alot.

Thanks in advance.

I use the Traxis DBS 3500 and the Auto scan is VERY fast! Also seems to find channels that my other receivers miss!

I am looking to buy a new receiver.

Looking at Traxis is appears that the 4550 and 3500 have blind scans while the others just scan for active tps

Is there a difference in how well they function or is it just a speeds issue.

I intend to look for feeds alot.

Thanks in advance.

The auto scan only scans what transponders are in the box. Smart/Blind scan finds all the feeds.

So as an example, if you have a transponder in the box of
12000 frequency
H polarity
3978 symbol rate

and someone is using the same info but instead of 3978 symbol rate, they are using 6111 symbol rate, a blind scan will pick it up but an auto scan won't

I sent my neighbor to buy a Traxis 3500 and dish kit and he bought a traxis DBS4500 and two dish kit With lnbf's instead. Is the 4500 a no blind scan machine like the 4550. I hooked it up to my dish (his isn't up yet) and what ever kind of scan it has only found 20 channels. Can the other TP's/channels be added manually? He won't send it back(the guy on the phone told him it had blind scan but I can't find it) Jim's almost as hardheaded as me :<) WhiteOak Harold

I sent my neighbor to buy a Traxis 3500 and dish kit and he bought a traxis DBS4500 and two dish kit With lnbf's instead. Is the 4500 a no blind scan machine like the 4550. I hooked it up to my dish (his isn't up yet) and what ever kind of scan it has only found 20 channels. Can the other TP's/channels be added manually? He won't send it back(the guy on the phone told him it had blind scan but I can't find it) Jim's almost as hardheaded as me :<) WhiteOak Harold

I believe the 3500 and the 4550 have blind scan. All the other including the 4500 do not.

i know you are talking traxis but since on the subject of SCANS,,with regards to blind scan,, i heard that there is blind scan and then there is TRUE blind scan , that some claim to have blind scan but dont really beacuse it still wont find TPs that are no in the machine,, and also i read something about a hardware blind scan, any clearity would be appreciated, thanks

correct zazu

Some boxes "claim" a blind scan but all it does is find the existing transponders. My Captiveworks does that

A true blind scan finds anything out there. Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat, Traxis, satworks have true blind scan

correct zazu

Some boxes "claim" a blind scan but all it does is find the existing transponders. My Captiveworks does that

A true blind scan finds anything out there. Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat, Traxis, satworks have true blind scan

Do they all control motors equally well and do their clones do a respectable job?

thanks ice,, that definately clears up a bit for me,,,
glad to pansats and traxis on that list ,, but what exactly is a hardware blindscan?
and how does one tell if STB has this true will find anything up blind scan even if the TP was not preprogrammed?
becuase i am sure not all models from these manufacturers have this ability...and when buying a used older model that knowledge can help.

Easiest way to test for true blindscan is to delete all TPs on a satellite and then try to blind scan. If it really has blind scan, the receiver will find the transponders again.

Easiest way to test for true blindscan is to delete all TPs on a satellite and then try to blind scan. If it really has blind scan, the receiver will find the transponders again.

not necessarily. The true test is to pick a DIFFERENT satellite than where you are and then blind scan. Some boxes just because you delete the TP's on a satellite, they are still "there".

When I had the Buzz receiver, there was some differences if it truly had blind scan. So what I did was put the dish on AMC5 and selected a totally different satellite (I think I even chose a C-Band one and just changed the LO frequency) and blind scanned. It picked up the frequencies that my Coolsat did at the time (including lots of feeds). Then we knew it was legit

thanks ice,, that definately clears up a bit for me,,,
glad to pansats and traxis on that list ,, but what exactly is a hardware blindscan?
and how does one tell if STB has this true will find anything up blind scan even if the TP was not preprogrammed?
becuase i am sure not all models from these manufacturers have this ability...and when buying a used older model that knowledge can help.

a hardware blind scan to me means a true blind scan. One that wil pick up the oddball frequencies that we don't know about. Some units have a software update that may add a blind scan but those seem fishy to me

do not get auto scan mixed up with Blind scan (smart scan, power scan). They are different. Auto scan only scans what is in the box. Blind scan/smart scan/power scan is what you really want for the feed hunting.
Fortec calls it Power scan
Pansat calls it Smart Scan

same diff....The older boxes be leery about if they have a blind scan
My Pansat 1500 does but the 2100 does not
The Fortec Ultra does

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)