Travel Channel HD Press Release

I've always thought Travel Channel in HD would be outstanding!

I guess this is yet another channel that E* won't carry. Hey, maybe they will uplink it, but not make it available.

I wonder if any provider has picked this channel up. It was rumored that Direct was launching new hd today.

Wouldn't this be considered a shopping channel? I believe the SD version is.

If so, you would think the channel would pay the providers for carriage.

If I am correct, look for it very soon nearly everywhere.

I havent watched the Travel Channel since they got rid of Poker. :)

I do think we will see this on Dish, but again we are waiting for the new satellites to get launched.

If they launch this channel before some of the other channels available in HD, it would be a total slap in the face to current subs. We have been asking for just a couple of the recently launched channels like SCIFI, USA, MGM, FX, SPIKE, SPEED, etc. for several weeks now. They should launch these channels first for those who have been patiently waiting.

The only show I watch on the Travel Channel is "Most Haunted". I love to see Yvette Fielding saying "Please, PLEASE do something!" And then there is movement in a dark corner and she and the rest run for their lives.

I take it you haven't seen this year's host on "Find Cash & Treasure" yet? :) She deserves to be in HD!

I take it you haven't seen this year's host on "Find Cash & Treasure" yet? :) She deserves to be in HD!

Having the channel HD doesn't mean she is on HD unless her show is filmed on HD. Many HD channels still showing show filmed in SD; especially the ones that simulcast both SD and HD. It will takes awhile to have all shows available in HD.

If they launch this channel before some of the other channels available in HD, it would be a total slap in the face to current subs. We have been asking for just a couple of the recently launched channels like SCIFI, USA, MGM, FX, SPIKE, SPEED, etc. for several weeks now. They should launch these channels first for those who have been patiently waiting.

I would love to see the viewership of all these cable networks. TV service providers like E*, D*, etc will add the most popular/most watched channels before obscure ones. SciFi is very popular on satguys, but doesnt mean we're representative of the viewing habits of the rest of the country. maybe we are, maybe not.

The only show I watch on the Travel Channel is "Most Haunted". I love to see Yvette Fielding saying "Please, PLEASE do something!" And then there is movement in a dark corner and she and the rest run for their lives.
This is about the only show I watch on TC, too. I like when they send Stuart into a dark room by himself. He seems to always freak out or have something strange happen to him.

Not much "travel" on the Travel Channel anymore. I used to watch it all the time. Now it's personalities and game-like shows. I still prefer EQUATOR & DISCOVERY HD.

But what they're running now on the travel channel is better than when it was poker all the time.

Wouldn't this be considered a shopping channel? I believe the SD version is.

What are you talking about? It's true that Paxon owned it 10 or 12 years ago and it ran a lot of travel infomercials. But it's been a standard Discovery Network for years and years.

I was kind of surprised when Discovery fired up the new HD channels that they went with Science Channel instead of Travel Channel

I saw a promo for Anthony Bourdain's show the other day and it said it was in HD now. I don't know how many other shows are though...Bourdain is the only one I watch regularly.

I'm pretty sure that Discovery sold the Travel Channel to Cox sometime last year. Its not in the Discovery family anymore.

Travel Channel is now owned by Cox Communications. Discovery also is relaunching their Discovery Health Channel as OWN. Oprah Winfrey Network in 2009. Oprah and Discovery will have 50/50 interest in the new channel with a HD feed also starting in 2009.

Dudley
C-Band since 1986
Dish since 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)