Traxis 4550 Locking up during scan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I have a new traxis dbs-4550, and during the scan (either preset or auto) it has started to lock up on some satellites? Its strange, it'll lock up as soon as it gets a signal and shows the channels on that TP.

I've done a full factory reset of the box and tried even deleting all TP's...no help.

As soon as it gets a strong signal, it just sits there and tries to scan that TP for channels, and hangs... :-(

Last edited:

Paul05

Aug 7, 2005
New York
I'm having the same problem on IA8 (TELSTAR 8).

Like Optical Serenity, I also have the Traxis DBS-4550.
While it's doing a blind scan it gets locked up on 11945,V,SR7950
receiver was 56% done scanning and would go no further.

Tryed my Pansat 2500A. Same result. It locked up almost on the same frequency
11944,V,SR7957 receiver was 66% done scanning and would go no futher.

These frequencys appear to be ABC news Feeds according to Lyngsat.

Both receivers got 2 channels.(nothing to view on these channels)
1 channel 304
2 Travertine

Manually I put ABC News Now 11960,V,3979 in the Traxis DBS-4550, good picture and signal.

Is anybody having problems scanning IA8? What did you do to get passed the lockup?

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
Odd.... I use 3500sd and just scanned IA8 last night...no lock up...i'll try today and see if something has changed on one of the TP's.

:hatsoff:

I just did a scan 4:14 est got 4 video channels ( one's a new feed..hehe) and no lock up..Wierd

Last edited:

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I now have a Fortec Mercury II (I love this receiver) and it doesn't lock up, but I do get the Travertine channel...no video though. It takes about three times as long to scan IA8 than anything else!

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Optical Serenity said:
I now have a Fortec Mercury II (I love this receiver) and it doesn't lock up, but I do get the Travertine channel...no video though. It takes about three times as long to scan IA8 than anything else!
Wonder if it's a 4:2:2 channel...

That might be what's confusing the receivers.

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
Same for me,Traxis 3500 hangs while scanning I8 at Freq 11944 at 56% complete. The receiver does not lock up as in requiring a power off, I can hit exit to cancel the scan and go back to the menu screen.

Too bad there isn't and option to exclude a tp in the scan. It would be interesting to hear from others that are not having this problem and what receiver and firmware revision they are using.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
As previously mentioned mine does not hang...I've been trying to see it hang since this thread started.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts