TruTV for 2 days

Ltrain23

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
MN
Does anyone know if there would be an alternative for getting TruTV for the next two days? Normally, I wouldn't care about missing a few games of the NCAA tourney, but the Gophers on that channel on Friday night, and I have people coming over for the game... whom I invited before finding out the game was on a channel I don't get. I'm currently a Top 120 subscriber, and my plan as of this second is to move up to the Top 200 for the next two days (if I'm going to do it for the Gophers, might as well catch Thursday's games too, right?), then dropping back down to T120 and paying the $5 charge. Is there any other way for this to work without basically making it a PPV game?

I know this is begging for all kinds of contract talk, but why isn't TruTV in every Top* package, like it is for D* and nearly every cable provider? (Each carrier locally has it in their main packages)

Upgrading your package for the game is probably your best bet. The only other way I can think of is looking online for it and putting it on your TV. If I were you I'd just upgrade your package. Go Gophers and Go B1G!!!

but why isn't TruTV in every Top* package, like it is for D* and nearly every cable provider? (Each carrier locally has it in their main packages)

It wasn't in my Mom's area's Digital Starter package with Comcast. She had to miss the Butler game. Same package carry's NBC sport net, which, with Dish, is in AT250. No across the board standard.

Last edited:
and yet Comcast in Minneapolis carries it in Digital Starter and even Digital Economy (think the old school analog cable minus sports and Viacom channels for way less than Starter)

My point. Comcast Indianapolis carried it. Comcast Anderson, IN (from which she is fed) did not. At least with Sats, you know what you get.

On a similar note, does everyone's main camera feed from the Michigan game look like crap? All the other cameras look great, even commercials. The main high angle camera almost makes me want to watch another game.

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
On a similar note, does everyone's main camera feed from the Michigan game look like crap? All the other cameras look great, even commercials. The main high angle camera almost makes me want to watch another game.

Yeah the Michigan game on CBS looks noticeably worse than the games on the 3 cable channels for me too.

I didn't see the MSU or Memphis games because I was at work so I can't comment on those but they should have been the same setup. Those games plus VCU are all at the Palace in Auburn Hills, MI and they are all on CBS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the Michigan game on CBS looks noticeably worse than the games on the 3 cable channels for me too.

I didn't see the MSU or Memphis games because I was at work so I can't comment on those but they should have been the same setup. Those games plus VCU are all at the Palace in Auburn Hills, MI and they are all on CBS.

I watched those games via the Internet feed, so I couldn't tell you if they looked the same, since I was getting nowhere near 1080p on my workstation graphics at the office. And if you notice, it's only the high angle camera. The other angles look fine.

Akron v VCU looks pretty subpar.

I blame Scott, as per the new meme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts