TurboHD West Feeds?

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I am thinking about switching to TurboHD Silver from whatever they call the normal 200 package with HD now. Right now I get West coast versions of some channels like Disney. I know that with the TurboHD packages you get the SD version as well. I was wondering if you also get the West versions of those SD channels?

No, you only get Disney East HD, for example, no SD version for either the East or West. I suspect the same will be true for Nick if it ever gets added. Also, you don't get the SD versions for everything you have in HD, just some/most of them. What else cones in East and West feeds? The premiums stand by themselves.

No, you only get Disney East HD, for example, no SD version for either the East or West. I suspect the same will be true for Nick if it ever gets added. Also, you don't get the SD versions for everything you have in HD, just some/most of them.

Thanks. So what channels do you not get SD feeds for? It seems like if they were going to give you some they would give you all.

Thanks. So what channels do you not get SD feeds for? It seems like if they were going to give you some they would give you all.

Disney, ESPNWS, and ABC Family are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I tend to have the HD channels displayed in the guide and that's all I ever watch anyway.

I just remembered TOON comes in all flavors, HD, SD WEST and East. As you can see. it's a bit of a hodgepodge. I guess it must be due to contracts.

Disney, ESPNWS, and ABC Family are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I tend to have the HD channels displayed in the guide and that's all I ever watch anyway.

I just remembered TOON comes in all flavors, HD, SD WEST and East. As you can see. it's a bit of a hodgepodge. I guess it must be due to contracts.

Yeah, that's strange. Thanks for your help. The reason I'm asking is I would like to switch once the Viacom channels are added but my wife likes to watch The Cosby Show and Home Improvement late at night in the bedroom and sometimes those are on the west feeds.

Yeah, that's strange. Thanks for your help. The reason I'm asking is I would like to switch once the Viacom channels are added but my wife likes to watch The Cosby Show and Home Improvement late at night in the bedroom and sometimes those are on the west feeds.

I guess you'll just have to wait until the Viacom HD is added to see if all the Nick feeds make it -- if it ever gets added, that is. I'm assuming the above are on late night Nick.

Wait a second; maybe I am misunderstanding here, but I have Turbo Gold and I have every single sd channel for its hd counterpart (except those that are HD only, like HDNet, HDNet Movies, etc.). I get ESPN in hd and sd, as well as anything else out there.

As for the west/east issue, the only channel I see a west feed for is indeed cartoon network; not sure why though. Oh, and premiums of course come with whatever E* has, west and east.

Wait a second; maybe I am misunderstanding here, but I have Turbo Gold and I have every single sd channel for its hd counterpart (except those that are HD only, like HDNet, HDNet Movies, etc.). I get ESPN in hd and sd, as well as anything else out there.

As for the west/east issue, the only channel I see a west feed for is indeed cartoon network; not sure why though. Oh, and premiums of course come with whatever E* has, west and east.

So you have SD channels for Disney East (172), ABC Family(180), and ESPNWS (142)? If so, that's interesting because I don't with my Turbo package.

I also get the SD feeds for the channels as well. The only one I don't get in SD is the ESPN News. I only get the HD version of that. I had to go into the guide for each tv and pick the SD only to show up on the small SD tvs that are in the kitchen and bedroom. The HD ones didn't format well on those sets.

So you have SD channels for Disney East (172), ABC Family(180), and ESPNWS (142)? If so, that's interesting because I don't with my Turbo package.
OK, looking at my sling guide here at the office, these are the exceptions (ie, HD only, no sd):

• ESPN News
  • DisneyE
  • DisneyXD
  • ABC Fam
  • ToonW
  • HDNet
  • HDTheater
  • Universal HD
  • Paladia
  • HDNet Movies
  • MGM
  • CI
  • WFN (fishing)

I have no idea why these are exceptions, and obviously I don't really care, but it is strange.

Ironically, my hd only package has some channels that are sd only, which aren't locals or crappy shopping channels:

• Comedy Central
  • CMT
  • Spike
This has to do with the Viacom fiasco, but it is weird that these are the ones that are showing, and not the rest of the Viacom suite.

OK, looking at my sling guide here at the office, these are the exceptions (ie, HD only, no sd):

• ESPN News
  • DisneyE
  • DisneyXD
  • ABC Fam
  • ToonW
  • HDNet
  • HDTheater
  • Universal HD
  • Paladia
  • HDNet Movies
  • MGM
  • CI
  • WFN (fishing)

I have no idea why these are exceptions, and obviously I don't really care, but it is strange.

Ironically, my hd only package has some channels that are sd only, which aren't locals or crappy shopping channels:

• Comedy Central
  • CMT
  • Spike
This has to do with the Viacom fiasco, but it is weird that these are the ones that are showing, and not the rest of the Viacom suite.

OK, so we are showing the same thing. That's good. I thought maybe something was messed up with my programming again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)