TurkeyDay success

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
14 people showed up (we did it on Friday). I made two 11 pound turkeys and a 4 pound lamb. Smoked one of the turkeys, and the lamb at about 220. Rotissed the other turkey on an outdoor grill. Everything came out great. The lamb was prepared using the "Luscious Leg of Lamb" recipe from "Smoke & Spice." I'll certainly be making that one again and again.

I also made some ABTs. I prep'd over 40 of them. Half a Jalapeno, small bit of the spice mix I make up to dry rub ribs, cream cheese and 1/3 slice of bacon wrapped around. I fixed a dozen early, for the early crowd, and the rest later for late comers. At least, that was the plan.

I'd never made them before, and wasn't too sure if I'd put too much rub in them. So when the first dozen was ready, I gave one to a doubtful lady, who tentatively tasted it. Then she got a strange look in her eyes. I don't know what happened; next thing I knew, the paramedics were bringing me around, saying the foot prints and bruises will fade away, and asking when the next batch would be ready. ;)

Seriously, the next batch, the bigger one, came out just before the bulk of the folks showed up. They never had a chance. All 3+ dozen of them were gone before the door was opened.

I guess I'll be making ABTs again, too.

Any other success stories of note?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts