Two adresses

secfreak

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
pa/nj
I have two addresses one is my business a few miles from my home. They both have dishes He's the catch my business is in NYC market my home in Philly market. Dish says I need two accounts. The billing address service address can't be different. Directv had no issue with this. Any other solution I just take my hopper back and forth. Bottom one line hate the Philly locals

Lots of people have different billing and service addresses.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Did you have DISH install the second Dish? (As opposed to you doing it or a Dish installer that you paid) If not as already posted lots of people have a different mailing address from the service address. If they installed both that may be the problem.

I have two addresses one is my business a few miles from my home. They both have dishes He's the catch my business is in NYC market my home in Philly market. Dish says I need two accounts. The billing address service address can't be different. Directv had no issue with this. Any other solution I just take my hopper back and forth. Bottom one line hate the Philly locals

you can have a different service and billing address. Some folks have to as they do not get mail delivered to their house (my uncle is one of them.....no mail delivery in town. He has a PO Box)

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Unless you have 2 separate accounts you will only get one set of locals on the receiver which would be NY in your case.

You can bring the receiver back and forth with you but if you have receivers active at two different location under the same account then you are account stacking, which is a no no with both Dish and DirecTV.

There's one receiver active at one location not two at different locations at the same time. My friend installed the second dish not dish Maybe ill just get two account and pay anther 100 bucks a month or just the local cable for 78 bucks a month. Bottom line I never had issue with directv even told them I talk the receivers back forth.

It's also against clause "H" of Dish's agreement:

H. Private Home Viewing Only. DISH Network provides Services to you solely for viewing, use and enjoyment in
your private home. You agree that no Services provided to you will be viewed in any areas open to the public,
commercial establishments or other residential locations. Services may not be rebroadcast or performed, and admission
may not be charged for listening to or viewing any Services. If your Services are viewed in an area open to the public, a
commercial establishment or another residential location, we may disconnect your Services and, in addition to all other
applicable fees, you must pay us the difference between the price actually paid for Services and the full applicable rate
for such Services, regardless of whether we have the right to distribute such Services in such other location.​

If they won't budge on having a different billing & service address. Just make them both the same & use the 1 with the preferred locals.

I think the issue Dish has is that the address you want to use as your service address is a business, not a residence.

I think the issue Dish has is that the address you want to use as your service address is a business, not a residence.

Not so sure about that, without elaborating I've had personal experience with this type of scenario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)