U308 for Hopper 3 Available (3/19/16)

Gotta say the update is pretty quick, I had just turned off the Hopper & 5 minutes later turned on the Joey which was saying it wasn't connected, so I knew something was up - I've never had updates twice in the same week much less 2 nights in a row. Will be interesting to see if anything changes or it's all "under the hood" stuff.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Gotta say the update is pretty quick, I had just turned off the Hopper & 5 minutes later turned on the Joey which was saying it wasn't connected, so I knew something was up - I've never had updates twice in the same week much less 2 nights in a row. Will be interesting to see if anything changes or it's all "under the hood" stuff.
I'm guessing that it will be mostly fixes - either new problems in the last update, or issues that were not yet corrected..... I guess we will see.

netflix app is added to the rest of apps section thanks dish but the problem is on the netflix app there is no ultra4khd yesterday there was ultra4khd on the netflix app and now there is not.i wonder what is going on with it maybe netflix decided to keep working on it.

Last edited:
308 broke sports bar mode, now hangs
307 sports bar worked, but Dvr NCAA games all messed up
Games recorded not same as title, this is once mode.
Manual record wouldn't allow pm to am change after midnight .

netflix app is added to the rest of apps section thanks dish but the problem is on the netflix app there is no ultra4khd yesterday there was ultra4khd on the netflix app and now there is not.i wonder what is going on with it maybe netflix decided to keep working on it.
Yeah, just tested. Netflix doesn't do 4K now. But I'm not sure that it is a Netflix to fix problem. From testing yesterday and seeing what was required to get the 4K actually working, I think the scenario was this:
1. Initially H3 didn't do HDCP 2.2 so Netflix wouldn't do 4K, but 4K VOD worked even on some setups.
2. Yesterday's update implemented HDCP 2.2 so Netflix would work
3. Today's update took that HDCP out

Of course that is pure conjecture on my part, but it makes the most sense. From conversations with Netflix my take was that they really hadn't done any work on Netflix on H3 between not working and working.

Dish may have gotten a lot of heat about yesterday's update as people found their H3 to AVR to TV setups didn't support 4K anything and possibly took a step back. But if the issue is HDCP as I suspect, they will have to implement it to make 4K work as it should.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Does not appear it fixes the issue of selecting more then 3 or 4 shows to move to EHD never completes.
So you can't move recordings to your EHD? I'm wondering if something is going on with your setup... if it were a "bug" I think it would affect most, if not all. I've moved dozens of programs at a time (it took hours!) with the Hopper 3 without incident (I have 2 EHD's connected at the same). Either your EHD or your Hopper is flaky maybe? Just a thought......

Last edited:
I just added a second hard drive to my HWSand sent 200 programs to the new drive without a problem. Go back to HWS. it works better.

I just added a second hard drive to my HWSand sent 200 programs to the new drive without a problem. Go back to HWS. it works better.
IYO of course... :)

I did about 80 shows to my EHD with a Hopper 3 and no problem doing so. I never have to think about recording contentions and I like the new UI. Doesn't hurt that I'm saving a little money from my HWS+SJ setup. Only needed the SJ for tuners.

Folks, it's pretty unlikely you're going to find big changes in 308. 99% chance that it is ONLY fixing a major error (even if no one encountered it) in 307.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: xfoneguy
I'd be willing to be that if I connected my H3 to the AVR as it was until yesterday, that the 4K VOD and multi-view would work. And that's because I'm firmly convinced that the 'glitch' they fixed in this was their activating HDCP 2.2 and something didn't go right.

I've never had this problem before, and all was working fine last night, so I'm blaming U308: All 100+ timers are gone, and I'm unable to manually record a show from the guide, or one that's in progress. The new timer attempt gets me an error message that the "timer creation failed, please try back later." I tried restoring timers & settings from the remote (both the 52.0 and the now out-of-date 40.0), but the operation failed, even after looking like things were being restored. I've just done a pull-the-plug reboot, but still no timers. I was able to get the restore-from-remote to complete, however, and it even went thru the reboot so "configuration settings could be save." Still no timers, and no ability to create new ones.

Just thought to check PTAT, and it was set to OFF. I had to turn it back on, select all channels and all days, and change the length of time to keep them from two days to eight. Guess I'd better check to see what other settings were wiped. EDIT: Since PTAT wasn't showing up in the Timers, I looked back, and all my selections have been wiped. Re-selected, and still not showing up. Looks like H3 isn't saving ANY settings, and that's making it rather useless right now.

I'm really not happy right now. Anyone else experience this, and hopefully have a solution?

EDIT 2: Now the H3 seems to be doing random reboots. Can this get any worse?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)