Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Everything on the server is running fine. I have checked with our Firewall company and they tell me there is a major backbone issue out there causing the issue.

If you were timing out and it was an issue from out server you would see a message from Sucuri telling you there was an issue and I would be getting a million emails. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: dishdude

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I am actually noticing a slow down using my ATT wireless conncection now. But it is working while the cable isn't, so I'll wait it out. :)

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Everything on the server is running fine. I have checked with our Firewall company and they tell me there is a major backbone issue out there causing the issue.

If you were timing out and it was an issue from out server you would see a message from Sucuri telling you there was an issue and I would be getting a million emails. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I keep getting multiple "can not reach server" from here in Florida, no Comcast. Had intermittent trouble last night too. When I do get through like now it is very slow.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Server is running fine and speed is great.

17:51:49 up 264 days, 20:08, 1 user, load average: 0.15, 0.37, 0.34

If you are on Windows go to a Command Prompt and type tracert www.satelliteguys.us (or on a mac type traceroute www.satelliteguys.us)

If you see * * * on various hops it shows spots on the backbone which may be having issues between here and there.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I'm getting odd errors on texting. Maybe part of same backbone problem. Probably not.

Hope your problems disappear overnight.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Server is running fine and speed is great.

17:51:49 up 264 days, 20:08, 1 user, load average: 0.15, 0.37, 0.34

If you are on Windows go to a Command Prompt and type tracert www.satelliteguys.us (or on a mac type traceroute www.satelliteguys.us)

If you see * * * on various hops it shows spots on the backbone which may be having issues between here and there.

I did not appear to get any problems with hops and of my regular cycle of sites I go to no other problems. As I posted I had a little problem last night also only with this site. It has appeared to be ok for awhile now though not always as snappy.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
If I were a cynical guy (who? me?) I would suspect the "cable" company of not wanting to promote an alternative to cable, i.e., "SatelliteGuys". But, nah, probably just DDoS or other high amounts of traffic affecting routing in certain areas. Skype was having issues yesterday as well.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Looks like a Comcast Routing issue for your area. I am on Comcast right now and its working fast.
I had the same issue after about 1:30pm EDT yesterday. I suffer Comcast both at home and at work.

downdetector.com is pretty active with Comcast customers in Houston and Albuquerque (at least those that have a way to get to the Internet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

unreported changes to ignore list

popup video ads in lower right corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)