Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release date confirmed

Still waiting for my GF copy to arrive. Sadly because of the Holiday I probably won't get it until tomorrow..

3:52 update: Nevermind. Just arrived. So much for getting any work done this afternoon..

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for mine from Amazon. I did free super saver shipping, so I guess I should be happy to get it any time this week.
Last time I got a game I did "Day of Release" shipping. Thought it was great. For $1 more than standard shipping I got the game the same day it came out and didn't have to go to the store to do so.

Well, mine has been at my house since Tuesday, but I've been out of town for work. I'm heading home tomorrow so I'll at least throw it in tomorrow night, but I'm thinking the girlfriend will want to spend some time together without me playing video games since I've been gone all week - not that that is a bad thing ;)

I likely won't get any real play time in for another week or so. Oh well.

So how is the multiplayer? Any problems like I was having with the demo?

Although I never played the original version, I too want this game. Unfortunately, I just don't have much free time these days so I'll wait a few months and pick it up for half-price. To add insult to injury...it looks like I will be taking the shrink-wrap off of Tiger Woods 2010 and playing online against my 74-year old mother. I bought her a PS3 over the summer to keep her occupied and she goes online to kick ass and take names. In real life I used to have a scratch handicap, but since I only played a round or two of Tiger Woods 2007 on the PS3 a couple years ago I get the feeling I am going to be her next victim.

So get it Stuart!

I am...just going to take time, right now I am going to sell my 360, its sad as I LOVE halo but I dont play online anymore and that costs me 8 bucks a month, also I dont and wont have time to pick it back up (online gaming)...and lets face it, while the 360 has good single player games, I myself personally like the ps3 experience better for single player games (uncharted, killzone 2, God of war, Gran turismo, and my favorite Pain) anyways, I am going to sell my 360 to get a ps3 ( I had one, but my buddy borrowed it and ended up just giving me money for it lol as he fell in love with it.

Although I never played the original version, I too want this game. Unfortunately, I just don't have much free time these days so I'll wait a few months and pick it up for half-price.

I don't know if you'll find it half-price in a few months, except for maybe used. For some reason, certain PS3 exclusives hold their value for a while unless that game starts offering DLC. For example, it's hard to find games like Folklore and Heavenly Sword (that came out 2 years ago) new for under $50, except in a special temporary sale. Meanwhile, many other titles get Greatest Hits status after 12-18 months and drop to $30 (like MGS4 and Uncharted 1). If you plan to hold out for U2, I suggest getting U1 to tie you over.

To add insult to injury...it looks like I will be taking the shrink-wrap off of Tiger Woods 2010 and playing online against my 74-year old mother. I bought her a PS3 over the summer to keep her occupied and she goes online to kick ass and take names. In real life I used to have a scratch handicap, but since I only played a round or two of Tiger Woods 2007 on the PS3 a couple years ago I get the feeling I am going to be her next victim.

Too funny. I love hearing stories like that.

I don't know if you'll find it half-price in a few months, except for maybe used. For some reason, certain PS3 exclusives hold their value for a while unless that game starts offering DLC. For example, it's hard to find games like Folklore and Heavenly Sword (that came out 2 years ago) new for under $50, except in a special temporary sale. Meanwhile, many other titles get Greatest Hits status after 12-18 months and drop to $30 (like MGS4 and Uncharted 1). If you plan to hold out for U2, I suggest getting U1 to tie you over.

Too funny. I love hearing stories like that.
One of the best way to get essentially new games for cheap is to go with Gamefly. I have U2 out through it and they shipped it out the day it arrived, so I know no one else has played it (presumably) but me. If I wanted to keep it now, I'd get it for $45, and they'll send me the case and instructions for free. Of course, if you're not already a member you need to sign up and be a member for at least a year to get the "good" rates and discounts, but I've had it for about 2 years and I love it. I've saved so much money just holding on to games then returning them, as opposed to buying and trying to recoup by selling them.

How do you get the hot new releases on week one? Is it just timing on turning in a game (like it works for Netflix)? But still, I would think demand is so high, you still wouldn't be guaranteed getting your top choice. Seems like you really know how to work GF. Kudos!

Well I played single player for about 45 mins last night (all I could sneak in without totally pissing off the girlfriend). It is great. Very enjoyable and amazing graphics. At first I was worried about the game control being sluggish, but then realized that you start the game injured so it is supposed to be like that. After you get to the "flashback" you have the same fluid controls as Uncharted 1. Looks to be a very good game! Can't wait until I have some more time to play this one (and try out the multiplayer).

Anyone playing U2 should be aware that you get a $100,000 credit in the game's "Store" if you have a completed U1 game save along with the game data on your system. (money is for buying skins, upgrades, and other unlockables).

Just select "Store" in U2's main menu, and hit the square button on the controller. If you just have a game save, but no game data, I think just reloading the U1 disk will do the trick. If your game save isn't for a completed game, you still get some $$, just not sure how much (I think $10,000).

I finally got my copy yesterday, and I can't wait to get back to it after the Saints/Giants game. :D

How do you get the hot new releases on week one? Is it just timing on turning in a game (like it works for Netflix)? But still, I would think demand is so high, you still wouldn't be guaranteed getting your top choice. Seems like you really know how to work GF. Kudos!
No it's not like Netflix.. basically as long as you make sure there's a slot open when a game is released you'll get it. I got LBP, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Madworld, SF IV, and others with this method. I suppose the ultimate test will be my next game, CoD: MW2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)