Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I had this game from Gamefly for about 2 months and I really couldn't get into it. The controls would drive me nuts sometimes. The graphics were good but had a plastic type look to them.

I don't know maybe I'm just crazy.

I had this game from Gamefly for about 2 months and I really couldn't get into it. The controls would drive me nuts sometimes. The graphics were good but had a plastic type look to them.

I don't know maybe I'm just crazy.

Yes, you are (crazy).

:D

Man, you guys were right - Crushing is ridiculous... it took me almost two hours last night just to get through the second half of chapter 5 (including the section in the flooded room with the columns) and the first part of chapter 6. I'm committed, though - going to get through it. Then I'm going to turn on all of the rewards and tear through Easy (the only mode I haven't done yet) just for fun and relaxation... :)

Well, I finally did it last night - finished Crushing, and I'm now at 1000/1000 reward points (with a little help from the guide for finding some of the treasures). Took a little longer because I was traveling for work last week.

Some of the later levels on Crushing actually weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but some of that may have been me getting used to how you have to play it on that setting - laying back as much as possible and drawing enemies out to where they are easier targets. There are also some places where you can hang out a little and let Sully or Elena help you out with a few of the guys.

Last thing left now is to figure out the "button codes" for a few of the unlockables. They're not in the guide that I can find - I'm sure I can find them online if I look, but haven't had time yet...

By the way, I turned on the unlimited ammo and one shot kill rewards and started going through easy last night - it's almost not fun. I got through 11 chapters in about 90 minutes.

Well, I finally did it last night - finished Crushing, and I'm now at 1000/1000 reward points (with a little help from the guide for finding some of the treasures). Took a little longer because I was traveling for work last week.

Some of the later levels on Crushing actually weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but some of that may have been me getting used to how you have to play it on that setting - laying back as much as possible and drawing enemies out to where they are easier targets. There are also some places where you can hang out a little and let Sully or Elena help you out with a few of the guys.

Last thing left now is to figure out the "button codes" for a few of the unlockables. They're not in the guide that I can find - I'm sure I can find them online if I look, but haven't had time yet...

By the way, I turned on the unlimited ammo and one shot kill rewards and started going through easy last night - it's almost not fun. I got through 11 chapters in about 90 minutes.

i know this has been a dead thread for awhike, but>>>>
i have beaten this game on hard 4 times and i still cant get it to go to crushing. any tips?? thanks....do LOVE the game, my favorite!

Have they patched in achievements for this yet?
When I first installed the game it downloaded something. I assume it had something to do with Trophys because now I get notices of them every so often in the game.

When I first installed the game it downloaded something. I assume it had something to do with Trophys because now I get notices of them every so often in the game.

Yep, that's what it was - no trophies previously, but that download introduced them.

i know this has been a dead thread for awhike, but>>>>
i have beaten this game on hard 4 times and i still cant get it to go to crushing. any tips?? thanks....do LOVE the game, my favorite!

It is a little weird... if I remember right, you have to go into your game (the one you've already beaten on hard), and from the menu screen go to chapter select, choose chapter 1 and then Crushing mode... and have fun!

Can anyone confirm that to start earning trophies, you need to start a fresh new game? In other words, if you carry over your rewards/treasures from a previous time you beat the game, you won't earn a trophies for any past or new achievements?

Can anyone confirm that to start earning trophies, you need to start a fresh new game? In other words, if you carry over your rewards/treasures from a previous time you beat the game, you won't earn a trophies for any past or new achievements?

Yes, I can - bummer, but true. But hey, it gave me an excuse to start over again...

How ya been ONUOs? Havent seen you around here as much lately

I'm good - really busy lately, and with a different job, new office, less privacy.... all of which adds up to less time for SatGuys - I never did much posting at home to begin with. :)

Yep, that's what it was - no trophies previously, but that download introduced them.

It is a little weird... if I remember right, you have to go into your game (the one you've already beaten on hard), and from the menu screen go to chapter select, choose chapter 1 and then Crushing mode... and have fun!

You don't need to do a chapter select, but you do need to start a NEW game and select Crushing. I am busy trying to do the whole game again for the trophies and am in the middle of crushing. Considering how often I get killed playing in Crushing mode, it may take me a few weeks.
tns.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the crushing tips but that is the rub, i go to select game difficulty and the crushing mode will not highlight for me to select. love the game, will play ot againg and see

I rented it from Gamefly not really knowing what it was. I played it all the way through in about a week. Now I have to re-rent it to play it through and get the trophys they added.

Microsoft expected to slash Xbox price!!!

GH3 Free Songs with New Metallica Album

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)