teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Pilot": When confident slacker Danny unwittingly inherits his new roommate Justin's group of romantically-challenged friends, he decides to mentor them in the game of love.

S~

I saw the previews last night, but since I was watching NBA playoffs, I decided to skip this one. from the looks of the trailer, I don´t think that´s for me.

It has sort of grown on me. It certainly is not great but it is not bad either. I think that Sullivan & Sons is a better Cheers clone but this one is mildly amusing ---but some of the minor characters need to be tretooled. I mean there is no Norm or Cliff in this cast----and certainly no Ernie Pantuso.

Interesting perspective, I like Cheers, wonder if I should try at least one episode, any Frasier or Lilith counterparts here ?

Interesting perspective, I like Cheers, wonder if I should try at least one episode, any Frasier or Lilith counterparts here ?

NO frasier or Lilith in sight. The setting is a Detroit bar and lots of interaction wsith the bar staff and regukar customers. ONe character (who does not work at the bar) isa bit like Sam. But it does not completely measure up to Cheers.

I have to admit that I have liked this show more than I thought I would. The interaction between Danny and baby bird is funny. I don't think that every character on the show is necessary to keep it funny though. I would lose about 2 of them that really don't matter in the back drop and keep the rest.

Sounds like the new "Rules of Engagement". Even one cast member in common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)