Ungrade a joey to a super joey...??'s

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
I'm looking at buying a super joey to add to our setup and have some questions.

I didn't do the original install, dish tech did.
He put the node outside, used existing wiring in the attic to get 10' to the master bedroom wall, drop down, and put the HWS in there. I know there is a TAP or whatever in there somewhere, but beyond that, the "other" wire runs from (I believe) from the node, around the house to a leftover cable line that runs to the whole basement, 4 rooms, plus the living room and office next door to the master. Currently have a joey in the office, a 1 in each of 2 bedrooms downstairs. We have tried moving a joey to other outlets running off of the basement wiring and it works in all rooms we've tried and in the garage running of the same basement feed.

Question is, I want to take the joey from the office, move it to a 3rd basement room, and replace it with a super joey, so is there any wiring changes that will need to be made? Or is it just unhook the old and hookup the new?
The office is the easiest room to work with if wiring does need to be added as it has a common wall with the master, and attic access, which the finished basement does not.

Thanks
Brad

On Edit; We also have the office joey running wireless with the wifi adapter so it's easier to move around the house (but there is a working drop there), is this a possibility with the super joey?

I'm looking at buying a super joey to add to our setup and have some questions.

I didn't do the original install, dish tech did.
He put the node outside, used existing wiring in the attic to get 10' to the master bedroom wall, drop down, and put the HWS in there. I know there is a TAP or whatever in there somewhere, but beyond that, the "other" wire runs from (I believe) from the node, around the house to a leftover cable line that runs to the whole basement, 4 rooms, plus the living room and office next door to the master. Currently have a joey in the office, a 1 in each of 2 bedrooms downstairs. We have tried moving a joey to other outlets running off of the basement wiring and it works in all rooms we've tried and in the garage running of the same basement feed.

Question is, I want to take the joey from the office, move it to a 3rd basement room, and replace it with a super joey, so is there any wiring changes that will need to be made? Or is it just unhook the old and hookup the new?
The office is the easiest room to work with if wiring does need to be added as it has a common wall with the master, and attic access, which the finished basement does not.

Thanks
Brad

On Edit; We also have the office joey running wireless with the wifi adapter so it's easier to move around the house (but there is a working drop there), is this a possibility with the super joey?

I suggest checking out the Super Joey thread on here that has wiring diagrams before you try installing yourself. Why do you want to purchase and install it yourself in the first place?

Thanks, I managed to find that and the relevant PDF. So based on the layouts in the PDF, I should only need to add the integrator, a few feet of cable, and swap out the 2way splitter for a 3way splitter... If it's all actually the way I remember it being installed...

Thanks again!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yea, through the integrator. Roger that!.. Main reason for wanting to do it myself is the time-frame of installs, and the weight of the last guy that was here crawling around in my attic. I own a business 30 miles from home and can't afford to waste half a day on the installation window..

Reactions: bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts