Untethered iOS5 jailbreak for all non-A5 devices

If I had a 4S, I'd wait for the Windows version tomorrow.
And then, I'd wait 'till Monday (or later) to see what shakes out.

I've been on a support IRC channel, and it was hammered!
It was scrolling faster than I could read. :)

It keeps saying a connection error occurred.I'm going to do a restore and then try the jb again.

Last edited:
yourbeliefs said:
It keeps saying a connection error occurred.I'm going to do a restore and then try the jb again.

At what point does it say connection error? They have added around 7 updates concerning several issues. Might try to check out some of the updates.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I got it to work. I did a restore and then followed the directions more closely and now all is well.

On a side note, I found the restore process to be a little weird.. or rather, the syncing process getting my apps back on the device. I threw a fit when I restored and synced and saw that nearly half my games were gone, including GTA 3. Apparently if you use the iCloud storage it doesn't backup the complete apps but rather just the data associated with them, thus requiring you to download them again (at no charge) if you restore. You have to make sure though that you're signed in to your account, because if not the apps come up like you didn't purchase them.

In any case, speaking of GTA 3, looks like it's time for me to install some mods for it..

yourbeliefs said:
I got it to work. I did a restore and then followed the directions more closely and now all is well.

On a side note, I found the restore process to be a little weird.. or rather, the syncing process getting my apps back on the device. I threw a fit when I restored and synced and saw that nearly half my games were gone, including GTA 3. Apparently if you use the iCloud storage it doesn't backup the complete apps but rather just the data associated with them, thus requiring you to download them again (at no charge) if you restore. You have to make sure though that you're signed in to your account, because if not the apps come up like you didn't purchase them.

In any case, speaking of GTA 3, looks like it's time for me to install some mods for it..

Glad you got it figured out.

Did you find that your YouTube app is now acting weird? My YouTube icon is a white box, and when it loads up sometimes it says something like "can't contact YouTube." the app still works perfectly fine though..

yourbeliefs said:
Did you find that your YouTube app is now acting weird? My YouTube icon is a white box, and when it loads up sometimes it says something like "can't contact YouTube." the app still works perfectly fine though..

No. I just checked and it seems to be working ok.

Technically, this thread is about JailBreaking non-A5 devices
( in other words: not iPhone 4S & not iPad 2 )
So, let me bring us back to the topic: iPhone 3 & 4 and related hardware.

I was recently hanging out on an IRC channel run by the developer of Sn0wbreeze
It's a JB package, that I used a few months back on my iPhone 3GS.

Turns out, he's updated and upgraded his suite of software, and it's even nicer that before.
I recommend his site for the programs
And his blog for info on improvements and usage.
Should be one-stop-shopping for all your A4 JailBreaking needs. - :up

What I have in mind, is to downgrade my 3GS iOS from 5.0.1 to 4.3
(blobs were saved by previous owner),
and see if that has any effect on my power consumption.
It's either the iOS or the baseband, and I can only change the one and not the other. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)