Updated Apps (Pandora Radio and Facebook)

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Did anyone notice the Apps page was updated today? I noticed that on my Joey the Weather app is also in the apps page now, and now (sometimes) will show the Doppler radar and seems to be holding my default city so far. Still no pics in the other apps though and the Entertainment News app seems to not load the feeds now although it did do it once.

On the Hopper it added the Weather app to the Apps page and now has a Facebook App and Pandora Radio App. Have not had a chance to try them, well at least the Pandora app as I will have nothing to do with Facebook anyway.

There was no actual update to the firmware/software though, still the same from the 4th.

Jay

I have the same problem, no sound in the Pandora app.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was eager to hear the quality from Pandora over the Hopper. The DISH SXM and Music channels are woefully low in quality, to the point I can't listen to them. The same sound system with Pandora over the BluRay player is surprisingly good.

The wife tried the Facebook (since I don't do Facebook). She entered the key on Facebook through her PC but when she hit Continue, the response was that the link wasn't made yet. Then she closed the app and tried again. The second time she got a different key and it still didn't work.

But Pandora was great.

I checked one of my Joeys as I was getting ready for work and I don't have Pandora or Facebook.
Yep as I mentioned those are just on the Hopper and not the Joey. For some reason the Joey does not have the MLB app, Facebook app, and the Pandora app. The Joey also is missing any article pictures on all the apps.

Does the Pandora app have any kind of screen saver function? I played a few songs on it and the screen stayed static, I would prefer it acted like the XM stations and dimmed or had a screen saver like the old XM 722 stations.

Tried the FB app today. On first loading it gives you a code to put in on the FB website. Seemed to work fine for checking page updates. I didn't spend too much time on it, but I didn't see any place to update your own status (not that I'd want to using a remote). Overall, it feels similar to the FB mobile app. Biggest issue I noticed is it only seems to store 1 logon at a time. If you log out, you have to go back thru the whole code thing all over again.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Does the Pandora app have any kind of screen saver function? I played a few songs on it and the screen stayed static, I would prefer it acted like the XM stations and dimmed or had a screen saver like the old XM 722 stations.

Yes, after a few minutes screen will dim and the album cover moves around screen.

Joes anyone know if Pandora will come to the Joey. Has great to get it on the Hopper and got it all set up for the wife only to find that it isn't on the Joey, where she really wants it.

mopar_mudder said:
Joes anyone know if Pandora will come to the Joey. Has great to get it on the Hopper and got it all set up for the wife only to find that it isn't on the Joey, where she really wants it.

It will come to the Joey in June.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts