Upgrade antenna install "no show, no call"

ToddFLA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
North Florida
Well today I was supposed to get an upgraded antenna install between 8a-noon and I had to call Voom to find out what was going on. They told me the antenna had not been recieved yet to the installer. So I got the # to the installer and called them and they said they did not have me down for today to install it and they were still waiting for an approval from Installs Inc within the next 2 days for the upgraded antenna. I'm at a loss here. Now I have to reschedule for next week....any suggestions??? just wait it out?

With all the upgrade problems I hear about,no antenna,no show,time missed from work,play etc I would install my own and be done with it(as I did)and probably have a better install to boot.When we had VOOM installed I had everything done prior,mount mast for dish,OTA antenna installed,so all that the installer had to do was to mount the dish,45 mins and the install went smoothly
Antennas are not that expensive any way,but if you don't want to deal with it I guess the only course of action is to be all over VOOM till it's done

ToddFLA said:
Well today I was supposed to get an upgraded antenna install between 8a-noon and I had to call Voom to find out what was going on. They told me the antenna had not been recieved yet to the installer. So I got the # to the installer and called them and they said they did not have me down for today to install it and they were still waiting for an approval from Installs Inc within the next 2 days for the upgraded antenna. I'm at a loss here. Now I have to reschedule for next week....any suggestions??? just wait it out?

I would call VOOM or Install and let them know that it was your understanding that you had an appointment for the upgrade today. I I would make sure to be firm in my discussion with them. This should not happen as it looks like one hand does not know what the other is supposed to be doing.

Well I had my Voom put in today and the installers didn't even put a OTA antenna. They saw my Silver Sensor on the roof and just hooked it up to my Voom box without asking me .

They should have asked but apparently you are up and running.

And, Todd, we had a similar problem. Do as Sean suggests. You should be able to find out when the upgraded antenna is delivered to your local installer. Don't depend on Installs, Inc. to tell you.

And, branchbouncer, I appreciate your initiative but on our two story house with a steep pitch to the roof and at 64 I've leaving the antenna work up to VOOM/Installs, Inc. and the local installer. However, in the "good ole days" my dad and I did all our own antenna installations--you know back before cable and sats and such.

Still watching HDTV and enjoying it but suffering rain withdrawal systoms in Seattle, Gill

SeattleVoomer1 said:
However, in the "good ole days" my dad and I did all our own antenna installations--you know back before cable and sats and such.

Still watching HDTV and enjoying it but suffering rain withdrawal systoms in Seattle, Gill

Gill - you mean there hasn't ALWAYS been cable and satellites? :D

BTW - the reason you're not getting any rain up there is that it is all DOWN HERE!!! Please, PLEASE take it back. We've had enough!

Soggy in Auburn, CA :shocked

Doug

Tomorrow I'll be expecting the installation of my upgraded antenna. I spoke with the install company today and they said its approved and they have the antenna and will be out tomorrow to put it up! Now lets just see if they show up this time. :) Thankfully I'm off tomorrow so this should work out. Thanks for ya'lls help I got this moving along quicker than expected...

Good luck, Todd!

And, Doug, I hate to say that we're still enjoying HDTV under clear Seattle skies, Gill

P.S.: Doug, take care of yourself down there. If I remember rightly you live in the foothills along Hwy. 80.

Todd:

I would for asked Voom for a credit off your service since they didn't show up on the assigned time and date for the upgrade. I have done this in the past and they did give me a credit.

Upgrade antenna complete!

I'm very happy with the final result. I pick up all my locals with signal strenth between 96-99 on all 7 stations now. Most upsetting thing was waiting two extra days but they helped make it up to me. I ended up getting VaVaVoom for 2 months free for the hastle. I guess the antenna is the PR-5646. No complaints here...for now at least. :)

ToddFLA said:
I'm very happy with the final result. I pick up all my locals with signal strenth between 96-99 on all 7 stations now. Most upsetting thing was waiting two extra days but they helped make it up to me. I ended up getting VaVaVoom for 2 months free for the hastle. I guess the antenna is the PR-5646. No complaints here...for now at least. :)

Todd ,

glad to here you got everything working. Hope you can enjoy it for now.

tyork

My upgraded antenna was installed today too. It helps with ABC, but NBC is still a bust despite being only 7 miles from the transmitter. CBS, Fox, and PBS were already okay. UPN is a total bust because it's so far off in another direction from all the other stations. (I believe NBC also carries the WB as secondary here.) Guess I just have to wait until NBC and UPN upgrade their transmitters, whenever that might happen. :rolleyes:

The installer did show me how to install a set top transmitter on my Voom box if I get the urge to buy one. Since I have 3 receivers he couldn't do that without getting the blessings of the pope, the president, and Charles Dolan personally. ;) He stated that they've typically had better luck in this area with the set tops than other antennas.

Glad yours went better than mine Todd! :clap

Jame_g, assuming you have a clear shot at your NBC tower have you called and asked to talk to an engineer? Here in Seattle the ch. 9 engineer was only to happy to talk to me. (They probably never get to talk to people-yeah, sure). They can tell you about their signal level.

Watching HDTV under sun promised by now! Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts