Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boobie1998

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

If I would to upgrade my hd-dvr and hd receiver to a genie hd-dvr and 1 genie mini what are the chances I'll get a hr-44? I went online to pay my bill and got a message that said upgrade eligible.

Thanks for all input

I think the chances are pretty great since I don't believe they have many of the HR34s left, I might be wrong though, I just got my HR34 replaced with a 44 yesterday btw, night and day difference in terms of speed, I tell you.

It depends upon what is available to the installer in your area, both may be on his truck. A tip might help persuade him to give you the HR44.

I called to get more info. Rep told me my location is whole home ready so a tech visit is not required. He said they can ship it to me and I can swap and return existing equipment. What r my chances on getting hr-44 if I take that option? Just worried about the speed issue like ely and others have mentioned between the 34 and 44 model

The odds are the same as if a tech brought it to you, except you can't tip the mailman to get the HR44!

Aside from tipping your tech, I'd recommend you have one come out to install anyways. Nothing ruins genie self-install night like a "no servers detected"

Keep the HD DVR, add the Genie and return the HD receiver. Not worth replacing the DVR with a Genie client.

Hi All,

I got the genie to replace my hd box and kept my hd dvr. Just install today. I like the genie box.

Thanks for your help with this thread.

So which one did you get, the 34 or the 44?

I just notice tech didn't take hd box. The paperwork says go to directv.com/recycle to get a prepaid label. Should I do that or call them so I can get them back the box. Also an prepaid envelope was left to return access card.

I just notice tech didn't take hd box. The paperwork says go to directv.com/recycle to get a prepaid label. Should I do that or call them so I can get them back the box. Also an prepaid envelope was left to return access card.

I would call and see if they want the box back, if they do they will send you a box with a return label.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)