Upgrade now or wait.

Sidewinder

Jan 21, 2006
Hi. Found this forum while googling for HD info. I have been a Dish Network customer since 1999, and have a 3700 box. Since I bought a HD set, I want to upgrade to the Platinum HD package with the DVR. If I understand correctly, that will give me a VIP622, and all the movie channels for $99, my local Seattle channels for $5 and my bedroom SD set would be another $5 for a grand total of $109 per month. It is my understanding that I won't have to pay a DVR lease fee for just the one 622. Only the $399 for the lease of the 622 and the $109 a month. Since I don't currently have a 921 or 942 I will not get the rebate. My question is: is there any reason at all to wait until April to upgrade? As far as I can see, I would gain nothing and get no rebates by waiting. Of course the wife tells me to demand a better deal from dish since we have been good customers, but I don't think that would work. Who is right, me or the wife? I also assume that my locals will be upgraded automatically to HD when they turn on the Seattle LIL at no extra charge? Since I am 52 miles from the towers, with many trees around, the only OTA digital channel I get is FOX at 38%, most of the time, not watchable. Thanks in advance. http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/smilies/smile.gif
:) Ken

There is nothing to gain doing it now, either, as many of us who ordered (and paid) on February 1 are looking at April install dates. Hang on to your $300.

Hi sidewinder,

Welcome to Satguys. Go for it since you will not be eligible for the $200 rebate. For the $299 you will get the Dish 1000 also. Dish is not going to be doing any better deals. I have been a customer since early 1997. Nothing better than actually viewing HD on an HD set.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)