Upgrade Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pandafish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Hello,

I am eligible for an upgrade in June and am wondering if I could get some advice. I know that everyone's situation is different, but also want to know what the system limitations are if any. I currently have 2 HR24's and 2 H24's. What I am thinking is moving the HR24 that's in the living room now into the bedroom with an H24 and upgrading the H24 to the Genie and putting that in the living room. Is it possible to have that many tuners and DVR's on the account? Would the remaining H24 see all the recordings from all 3 of the other DVR's? Thanks in advance for any information.

You can do exactly what you want. Directv will provide any additional equipment necessary.

Hello,

I am eligible for an upgrade in June and am wondering if I could get some advice. I know that everyone's situation is different, but also want to know what the system limitations are if any. I currently have 2 HR24's and 2 H24's. What I am thinking is moving the HR24 that's in the living room now into the bedroom with an H24 and upgrading the H24 to the Genie and putting that in the living room. Is it possible to have that many tuners and DVR's on the account? Would the remaining H24 see all the recordings from all 3 of the other DVR's? Thanks in advance for any information.

You can do exactly what you want. Directv will provide any additional equipment necessary.

Well put ...

Panda,
You currently have 6 tuners.

With the set up your talking about you would have:
Genie (HR34/44) 5 tuners
HR24 2 tuners
H24 1 tuner

That makes 8 tuners, all them can go on one splitter (SWM8), if you decided to keep both H24's that would put you at 9 tuners and need D* to go to a SWM16.

If you currently have a SWM set up you probably have a SWM8 splitter already.

Last edited:
Genie (HR34/44) 5 tuners
HR24 2 tuners
H24 1 tuner

That makes 8 tuners, all them can go on one splitter (SWM8), if you decided to keep both H24's that would put you at 9 tuners and need D* to go to a SWM16.

If you currently have a SWM set up you probably have a SWM8 splitter already.[/QUOTE]

Would it be 10 tuners since I want to keep 2 HR24's?

Genie (HR34/44) 5 tuners
HR24 2 tuners
H24 1 tuner

If you currently have a SWM set up you probably have a SWM8 splitter already.

Would it be 10 tuners since I want to keep 2 HR24's?[/QUOTE]

OK, I missed that somehow ...

So your keeping both HR24's and 1 H24 ?

If so, you have 5+4+1=10.

I was thinking you were dropping one of them.

I finally did the upgrade this past weekend. Don't watch much tv in the summer so decided to wait. I got an HR44 installed and kept 2 HR24's and a H24. Everything works great but I do not like the new RC72 remote. I don't like that it doesn't have the universal switch at the top. I used to use the other one to turn on the tv and blu ray player without turning on the Directv receiver. The installer took my universal remote I had with him. Would I have any problems if I bought a new universal remote to use with the HR44? Would I be able to program the new universal remote to run my tv and blu ray player and also still have it work the HR44?

I finally did the upgrade this past weekend. Don't watch much tv in the summer so decided to wait. I got an HR44 installed and kept 2 HR24's and a H24. Everything works great but I do not like the new RC72 remote. I don't like that it doesn't have the universal switch at the top. I used to use the other one to turn on the tv and blu ray player without turning on the Directv receiver. The installer took my universal remote I had with him. Would I have any problems if I bought a new universal remote to use with the HR44? Would I be able to program the new universal remote to run my tv and blu ray player and also still have it work the HR44?
I don't know why the installer would take the old remote with him, thats was YOUR remote.
You CAN still use the old white remote to run these recvrs, you just can't use it in RF mode.

Glad to see you got your upgrade done !

I don't know why the installer would take the old remote with him, thats was YOUR remote.
You CAN still use the old white remote to run these recvrs, you just can't use it in RF mode.

Glad to see you got your upgrade done !
Thanks. I'm going to pick one up at Walmart. It's ok to not use RF. It was a nice remote too that i had had replaced with protection plan. It was the kind that lights up from the back. I saw him put it in the Genie box as he was leaving but didn't know if it would be ok to ask to keep it. Since I am buying this one I'll make sure to not let it go.

You should call customer service and request/demand a new one since the installer took yours.

Thanks. I'm going to pick one up at Walmart. It's ok to not use RF. It was a nice remote too that i had had replaced with protection plan. It was the kind that lights up from the back. I saw him put it in the Genie box as he was leaving but didn't know if it would be ok to ask to keep it. Since I am buying this one I'll make sure to not let it go.
If you haven't got a remote yet, I got an email today you might be interested in ...

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...m_medium=email&utm_source=inhouse&location=01

They'll probably send another RC7x and the TS clearly doesn't want that.
Did I imply he should ask for any remote they had lying around? Obviously he should ask for the same model that was taken.

Oh man! I already bought one. Thanks though!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)