Upgrade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can tell you that the RVU clients on the TV are not the best. It I was you I would go with a C61K and HR54

and i have read other places that rvu works better than c61k, so its a crapshoot

I'd say the lag is slightly worse than a client. But it will only react as quick as your hmc let's it. I know the hr34 software download is about to go live fixing the responsiveness. But I would swap it out. And if a tech comes which I believe will be mandated, you will need to swap to an hr54

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: scots
On mine the lag is 2-3 seconds after you hit the button. Try scrolling through the guide or even getting to a channel to the middle of the guide with that kind of lag. This is on a Samsung HU8550 65inch.

Tried again last night and they were still having problems with their system not allowing upgrades to be processed. The rep got a supervisor who had him do some sort of manual process, which he said a manager would most likely review and take care of today. I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, so not sure what's happened with it.

I'd say the lag is slightly worse than a client. But it will only react as quick as your hmc let's it. I know the hr34 software download is about to go live fixing the responsiveness. But I would swap it out. And if a tech comes which I believe will be mandated, you will need to swap to an hr54

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The problems with the HR34 are suppose to be fixed. Directv will be issuing them again.

As for the RVU based ones, personally, I'd stay away from them ... that's just my opinion though.
If a recvr is running poor or not working you call in and get it replaced. If a RVU set has the same issues, you can't return the TV set.

Yay! Here we go again! Let's see how many people I get transferred around between this time. Went to AT&T to start with, and now she's trying to find someone with DIRECTV to send me to. (Jeopardy theme playing in the background...)

Oh. Em. Gee. I'm going to end up in an insane asylum before this gets done! The AT&T lady sent me to a DIRECTV guy, who I just got off the phone with. At first he insisted that I didn't need my HR34 upgraded, even after I told him two different DIRECTV reps told me last week that yes I did need the HR54 (I didn't even mention that I knew I needed that before I even started calling last week). He then proceeded to ask me if I was having problems with the HR34. I told him yes, and mentioned the slowness issues. He then told me that he would send me out a replacement for the HR34 and then setup the order for the 4K equipment. He put me on hold for a minute and when he came back he said he had put in the replacement for the HR34, and that it would be an HR44. He said that the system wouldn't let him order any 4K equipment until the HR44 was hooked up and active on my account - and that as soon as I received it and got it hooked up I could call back and request the 4K equipment. I think I'm about to go crazy from dealing with all this!

i wish i could fly a camera drone into these call centers sometimes and every time they say something stupid like that, they get hit with the drone...

Reactions: scots
I got an email that the HR44 has shipped out, and it's supposed to be here on Wednesday...so I guess I'll hook it up and then try again...

Received the replacement DVR today, and as I was expecting it was an HR44. Hooked it up and activated it with no problems. Can definitely tell a different from the HR34. Instead of calling back in I sent a message to DIRECTV on their Facebook page. About 30 minutes later they messaged me back that they've ordered an HR54 for me and scheduled the install for this Friday!

Reactions: raoul5788 and Jimbo
Is the HR54 the same physical size as the HR44? And does the AM21 work with the HR54?

Cool. I found it works with the HR44, but I didn't set it up since they're coming Friday to replace that with an HR54. Didn't find anything about the HR54. Plus I need to find a power cord for the AM21 since it can't share power like it did with the HR34. I'm hoping if I'm nice to the DIRECTV installer he might have a spare he'll leave me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)