upgrading TV2

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
So I decided to upgrade on Sony 32" to a 46" LCD. I am going to go with one reciever, 722. I will need to run at least 75' of hmdi cable. Hopefully will work ok. I will also need a audio coaxial to optical convertor. My reciever only has optical. Does this sound like it should work ok? Will both remotes control TV1 at same time?

With only 1 hdmi output you would need a switch to reroute the signal or connect the tv near the 722 to component and analog audio. In either case you could only watch the TV1 output in either room. Your better option would be to get a 211 series and add an ehd for a 1 time fee of $40 for the bedroom and connect that via hdmi. If you wanted to be able to watch video from the 722 you could run coax to the new TV and just change your source from hdmi to antenna.

This actually started out as trying to save money by getting rid of one reciever but tuner does not working in 32" Sony. Getting laid off soon. Started thinking that maybe i would go ahead and upgrade tv while still have the money. If I do go ahead and get a 211 could I swap my hard drive from my 722 between the two?

Thanks for the replies. I decide to just buy 75' cable and hope it works ok. I am all ready spending more than I should and need to get monthly payment as low as possible until I find another job.

Yes you did really need that 46" TV!!!!

In Bankruptsy or Bill Consolidation courses they try ro teach you to recognize your needs versus your wants. You had a good working 32" TV and you had CASH that could be used to pay off bills. You decided to keep up with the Jones instead of being smart. Can your family eat the TV or will it shield them from the weather? Maybe you should look for some financial planning help rather than help connecting your TV.

Last edited:
It just so happens it's only me and I still have 2- 3 months to work and than 6 months severance plus unempoyeement. Maybe be last chance for awhile to spend some money on me.

TTS will pay for 2 yrs of school and unemployeement since job is going overseas. Wonder if there is a 2 yr training to be dish tech?

brian_tr said:
TTS will pay for 2 yrs of school and unemployeement since job is going overseas. Wonder if there is a 2 yr training to be dish tech?

no training need to install just the willingness put up with bs

i hope the 75 hdmi is working because only suppost work up to25 feet per run

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts