Uplink Activity 5/01/08 2:00 AM EDT -- 3 minor moves

KGWN out of Cheyenne, WY (CBS) is refusing to deliver signal unless they get a 160% rate increase also (at least that is what dish says, our local paper says they were only pennys apart on a contract and that they offered to extend the current contract to avoid interrution, but dish is strong arming the small affiliates). I don't know who to believe in this. I do know that 20% to 30% of Cheyenne lost their CBS station. I really wish we could still watch the Denver stations because they were so much better (And in HD!!!) But our locals got some non-competition agreement and now blocks us from getting the Denver Channels.:mad:

So should I get on the on-line chat and move my service address to my in-laws house in Denver, they are with D*.?

Last edited:
Yep..and call it done.
sweet, well I got on the on-line chat, it took maybe 2 minutes, I asked to switch the service address to my in-laws. Done. They didn't ask one question. Looking at my online acct. info it now shows Denver locals including the HD. Do you guys know if I'll need to move my dish when I get home? :up

I'll have to look when I get home. I have 2 dishes on the side of the garage. one pointing more south towards denver (a 1000.2 I think) the other more west-southwest. So will dish figure this out and block my smart card or anything and what about when Denver goes to Spot beams? My wife is worried about it.

Last edited:
I'll have to look when I get home. I have 2 dishes on the side of the garage. one pointing more south towards denver (a 1000.2 I think) the other more west-southwest. So will dish figure this out and block my smart card or anything and what about when Denver goes to Spot beams? My wife is worried about it.

The smaller dish is pointing at 148, because that's where the Cheyenne locals were. Some of Denver is already on spot beams, particularly the secondary stuff. You should have no problem being in the spot though as I think it goes as far north as Wheatland. The big thing is if you have a DISH 1000. If it is only a 500, you will need to repoint the 148 dish to 129.

I believe Denver will be one of the last stations to go fully spot, if they ever do. The DMA is just too big.

Thanks guys you've all been a big help. Also, Sorry that I went off-topic in this uplink report.

KGWN out of Cheyenne, WY (CBS) is refusing to deliver signal unless they get a 160% rate increase also (at least that is what dish says, our local paper says they were only pennys apart on a contract and that they offered to extend the current contract to avoid interrution, but dish is strong arming the small affiliates). I don't know who to believe in this. I do know that 20% to 30% of Cheyenne lost their CBS station. I really wish we could still watch the Denver stations because they were so much better (And in HD!!!) But our locals got some non-competition agreement and now blocks us from getting the Denver Channels.:mad:

They were probably at 10 cents a sub and wanted to go to 26 cents or somewhere around that, Dish might have offered 20 cents, so they could both be right, pennies apart yet a 160% increase demanded or something. It is still a racket that over the air channels can deny their signals to their own viewers.

UPLINK ACTIVITY: SAMPLE TAKEN 05-02-2008 23:06:47 TO 05-02-2008 23:07:51 ET

Code:
[SIZE='2']
[B] 2 MOVE(S) (May include other changes as well.)[/B]

MOVE  7801  KGWN MPEG2 SD Tp 15 EchoStar 1 148w [COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR] HIDE MAP2 5
  TO  7801  KGWN MPEG2 SD Tp 21 EchoStar 1 148w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE MAP2 5

MOVE  7850  WNCF MPEG2 SD Tp 2 EchoStar 8 110w [COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR] HIDE MAP2 32
  TO  7850  WNCF MPEG2 SD Tp 31 Spot 11 EchoStar 10 110w [B][COLOR='Teal']AVAIL[/COLOR][/B] HIDE MAP2 32

2 CHANGE(S) 5097 CHANNELS IN THE SYSTEM
[/SIZE]

Don't know the time they actually were restored as i was inspecting the insides of my eyelids. :)

i regret to inform you all that there will be no more uplink reports. thank you

:D:eek::D:eek: cycle of emotions or personalities.